• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Today is the day..... U/D names needed, pics added

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
that the guineapigs get separated from mom!!!

Merlin will be bonded with Bandit, and Magic and Mystic will stay with Mommy!

I'm taking them to the vets to get a proper sexing (i really don't want more litters) but i'm pretty sure of their sexes, i did the usual sexing method and only on one did something come out. The good thing is they don't need to be quarantined.

Also i am planning on giving them differant names, i just can't think of them

ok

these are pics taken today in the run

and just so they don't feel left out, here is fake daddy

and real mommy

Also i have a question is the baby's fur colouring supposed to match the mum and dad because they have luna's colouring but not bandit's

Hi,
I just got back and my babies were sexed!!! also i fell in love with a rabbit hutch wghich would be great for the pigs!!!

I have 2 boys called Bert and Ernie, i just need a name for the girl, please i need suggestions.

also, bad news, sadly Luna is pregnant again, i think it's about time i should tell the full story.....

Luna originally lived with a guineapig called Harri, who was a girl. Harri sadly passed away and Luna steadly declined in health and happiness so i bought her a boy friend, my aim to breed them and keep the babies as partners for each parent. 2 weeks before the babies were due I had gone out with my friends, i got back only to find three extra guineapigs in the cage bandit was in a cage in the next room my mum told me that as soon as the babies had been born Bandit had started humping her like crazy, so.......

Parents are rarely a good indication of what colour a baby will be unless they are purebred for several generations. From a black ad white dutch and a white guinea I got a pure black with brown on his nose! But from a gold dutch and a white guinea, I got a perfect little gold dutch (her markings were even better than her mums which was weird)
Guineas can carry colours over several generations so you'll end up with different colours every time almost.

raven_guest said:
Parents are rarely a good indication of what colour a baby will be unless they are purebred for several generations. From a black ad white dutch and a white guinea I got a pure black with brown on his nose! But from a gold dutch and a white guinea, I got a perfect little gold dutch (her markings were even better than her mums which was weird)
Guineas can carry colours over several generations so you'll end up with different colours every time almost.

thanks for the info, that means this litter may not be bandit's colour, but i know the litter will be bandits this time

Back