• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hopefully getting new bun tomorrow :-) Updated with Pics

Apache

Mama Doe
Hiya

After ringing round various rescues, the 4th one I contacted had a couple of does in (Alfred has said he wants a "woman"!), so I went over and had a look, and have hopefully picked one out for him.

I've passed the homecheck, so it is all down to him. If he doesn't look like he is getting on with my first choice, then they will try him with the other one.

The rescue seem very good, and did say if they weren't sure about the pairing, then Alfred would have to stay in overnight, where they could keep an eye on them both, before I take them home.

I feel quite nervous about this, and am hoping I don't have to leave him there.

Fingers crossed all goes well..

Jx

Thanks everyone, unfortunately Alfred is still at the rescue :(

He's still trying to mount her everytime she stands still (and isn't too fussy about which end either!), bless her she (sorry not decided on a name yet) is being very good, and is running away everytime he comes near.

The rescue didn't want me to take them home, in case she started to get fed up with him and turned on him, but touch wood, there hasn't been any agression between them at all.

I've got to ring in the morning and see how they are...

Jx

Hi,

Well I collected them both at 4:30, and although Alfred was still desperately trying to mount her when at the rescue, now they are home, he is more interested in his food (bless him!)

I've decided to call her Emily

Em1.jpg

And with Alfred in the back ground

EmA.jpg

The pics don't quite do her justice, she is a lovely rabbit, with a really pretty face.

Jx

Awww she's beautiful! :love: Don't worry, took mine a week to bond! (And there is still some humping from time to time :roll: )
They'll be totally loved up soon :love: Keep us updated... hopfully with some lovely photos ;)

Thanks, she is lovely, and she seemed quite happy for me to pick her up and give her a cuddle.

It's strange, but since they came home Alfred hasn't tried to mount her once, he seems to have sort of gone "ah, home, I can relax now!"..

The only small downside is she seems to do droppings everywhere! Alfred has always been really clean and done everything in the same place, hopefully she will soon copy, I keep moving the droppings to the litter trays, in the hopes that she will get the idea..

Jx

she is lovely :D I'm glad they are getting along ok. My bunnies did droppings everywhere at first too, but soon got the hang of the litter tray. Some times 2 litter trays help or keeping them in a smaller space to start with and gradually increasing the space.

Thanks - I've now put 3 litter trains in, I had wondered if they where maybe marking the territory in same way,as Alfred seems to have forgotten what litter trays are for too!

jx

aawwww glad Alfred has found himself a pretty girlfriend :D :D
My three poo all over the place since Fifi arrived.. fifi wees everywhere too :roll: :roll: Am hoping they will get the idea eventually :wink:

Back