• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Broken Nail

AmyJo

Mama Doe
How much blood can come from a broken nail?!! I was away this weekend with my parents watching Rudy. He managed to catch a claw on something in his crate and spurted two walls with blood all over himself and the newspaper. My mum thought it was coming out of his back end and really panicked until they found it was his nail. Amazing how much blood comes out of a cut quick

Have you got any of that powder that can stop the bleeding? I think someone said cornflour does the same thing - however seeing it was the weekend it may have stopped now :lol:

Awww, hope he is ok xxx

They really did panic, he had a bath and was wrapped up in a towel for a long cuddle afterwards. Hes done it once before outside but it never bled that much. Thanks for the conrflour tip. Will come in handy if it happens again. Think ita time to trim his nails again if hes catching them.

Back