• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Attn Tamsin - Ref Sec, could we have......

ShivyRex

Mama Doe
.......a section on litter training??

I have tried to search the site but it came up with over 6000 results not all relevant to litter training.

Zion is pretty good in the kitchen by weeing in his litter tray but he does do it elsewhere sometimes and I often smell it before I see it :? I would like to try and get him to wee in the tray all the time. A section in the reference section would be great.

Thanks

Shiv

I think that we should have a listing of sticky that is useful under the Rabbit care section, in the event that some members has rabbit health issue, and it's 2 am in the morning and don't know what to do.

In each sticky, on top of saying " you need to see a vet", we can put down try this, and try that.

So far, members has been posting similar questions, w/ similar answers by other members as to what to do in a certain health issue. By having the sticky, the members who asked the question don't have to wait for hours for response (depends on the time of the day), and members who answer them don't need to post the same answer over and over again. This also cut down on bandwidth.

One lazy way of doing this is just to stickky the old posts that had already gave answers to the popular health issue questions.

I was just thinking a litter training thread in the ref section would be useful, as I was trying to gather some info on which type of litter people prefer to use etc. I had looked in the ref section and was surprised there was nothing in there. I'd love to see something well written by one of our wonderful knowledgeable (that rules me out) members in there. :D

I asked about this before but I was told that it would be too difficult as every bun is different :?
Would be very cool if someone could do it though :D

This is so goofy, we have reference section? I just check, we do. I didn't know that until now. So should we build up that section, there is only 18 subjects.

Back