• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch Covers

ljs383

Warren Scout
Hi everyone does anyone have a hutch with an apex roof? If so do you know if you can get hutch covers to go over them?

Thanks

Lynda

Hi,

I have a double decker hutch with an apex roof and I rang scratch and newton who will make one to your dimensions, but they are expensive.

I wanted one really to stop the rain, as my bunnies come in during the winter, and I got a clear tarpaulin, which is was loads cheaper and does an excellent job of stoping the rain going in the hutch and the run, but obviously wont keep them warm in winter.

If you want any information on the tarpaulin company give me a shout.

Carole

I used to use a clear shower curtain just to keep out the rain when I had a hutch with an apex roof.. never had to worry about the cold cos I brought Sooty in last winter as I only had him at the time and he was still a baby really.

You can use radiator foil or bubble wrap cut to size and stappled in place to insulate hutches from the heat and the cold. A tarpauline tacked to the front with a rod at the bottom which can be rolled up during the day time and hot weather keeps the rain out. A weighted net curtain protects against the flies.

Hi thanks everyone that would be great Carole if you could give me the contact details of the tarpaulin company.

Thanks

Lynda

Ive always thought that these hutch covers may not be that good, as ur supposed to do them up at night and the hutch is completly coverd. This is surly going to cut out any ventilation and moisture will build up inside the cage, not a good idea i think. rabbits grow thick winter coats and only need protecting from wind and rain not cold. val

Back