• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zack has GI Stasis.....AGAIN ..U/D We Have POO!!

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
This is the second episode he has had within a few weeks.
I am at a loss as to WHY?
He is on treatment so please may he have some healing vibes.
The poor wee man is very miserable at the moment :cry:

Janex

could it be the heat?..making him reluctant to eat?
as this is his second in a short space of time could it be that the bacteria in his gut havn't completly recovered yet? i assume he on probiotics? (im not sure how long it takes to biuld up the bacteria, though i would have assumed two weeks (especialy if supplemented with biolapis as well) would have been sufficient :? )
really wish i could help jane. our paws are crosssed for you and zack

I'm sorry to hear Zack is ill again. :( Come on Zack, get better soon and stop worrying your mum! Sending lots of healing vibes your way. Xx

Well just like last time he has recovered after a dose of Metoclopromide, Metacam, Infacol, fluids and tummy rubs :D
But I need to try to find out why it happened again :?
Although he is a Rex he is having an unusually heavy moult so I guess it could be that he has ingested loads more fur than normal :?
I would give him some Pineapple Juice but he HATES it and I dont want to stress him now he's eating and pooing again.
So I have plucked as much loose fur off him as I can. He aint gonna win a 'Most Handsome Buck Competition' now. He looks decidedly moth-eaten :roll:
Thanks for all the healing vibes :D

Janex

Glad to hear Zack is feeling better. :thumb:

Have you tried Kitty Malt Jane? It's supposed to be quite good at combating hair balls/blockages etc. I don’t use it myself but I think Adele does with her Angora’s.

Louise

Glad the little man is recovering :D YAY for poo! :D I'll never forget how worried I was when Gypsy went into statis for no reason. I never did find out why :? , but thankfully she recovered :D when she pooed I was literally running around cheering " yay!! we have poooooo," :lol:

Back