• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another RSPCA Hutch question....

eminem2004

Young Bun
i know the rspca says the min size 4 2 rabbits is 5x2x2 feet.

Now i have a double hutch now for Lunar that is always open so he has the run of the rest of the room. But will the hutch be big enough....

Its a double teir hutch its about 4 feet long, 3 feet tall and about 1.5 feet aprox. Is this ok for 2 rabbits, do u think the rspca says this is quall to a n5x2x2 hucth aprox?

Thanks and soz 4 all the questiuons,
Jenny

I think that would be ok because it has 2 tiers, I'm not sure exactly but I think they take it into account :)

It really all depends on your local RSPCA. Each branch have their own policies and homecheckers so what one might be okay with another isn't. If you call your local centre and describe your hutch they should be able to tell you if it's okay :) Keey in mind if it's only 18" high/deep you'd be best with small-medium bunnies :)

I've just been through a home check, they too recommended a 5 x 2 hutch, but where ok with mine as it 3 x 3, so just a square foot smaller.

They did say they would have liked a bigger run, as mine is only 5 x 3, but as I've got a seperate grass run, 4 x 4, they seemed ok with it.

Good luck.

Jx

Back