• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone as fussy as me???

kitschkitty

Mama Doe
I will not buy toys/treats for my pets that are painted or dyed (if I can help it).

I bought a couple of "kebob" things that had wooden shapes on them and threw away the shapes (replaced with fresh fruit and veg) as they were painted.

I now most of the wooden stuff is dyed with food colours - but why would you give them to your pet - surely they are only designed that way to appeal to us humans!

Also I won't buy those treat sticks and drops etc (except the occasional yoggies for my rat). They are just packed full of sugar and cost a fortune.

I swear my animals are just as happy to be given say a cherry tomato or a walnut to play with (for the rats).

But saying that I have recently been tempted by the Excel Nature Snacks - anyone tried them are they worth paying £1.79 for? :shock: (imagine all the lovely veg I could buy for the same money)

:D

I mostly buy all natural things now :D But I am attracted to the bright colour wooden toys :lol: As for the sugary treats... mine won't touch them! If I have a piece of veg in one hand and some drops in another they ALWAYS go for the veg... so it's not me that's fussy, my buns are :lol: :lol:

Also, bought those Nature Snacks, they seemed pretty good but a bit overpriced. I'd only buy them again if they were buy 1 get one free :wink:

I only buy natural wood or willow toys now, the only treats they get are dried blueberries, raisins or cranberries ( which I know have sugers but have to be healthier than most other treats) My two buns, and my chinchilla love the exel nature snacks :D ( which are £1.99 in my local petshop :shock: )

I won a couple of packs of treat sticks for my rats so my girly had one in her cage. Her cage is on top of a small table, and Deej was trying to reach up to nibble her treat -naughty boy!

Rats are great because they love so many different things that are in your cupboards/fridge as treats, but I'm a bit paranoid about bunny's sensitive digestion, so Deej only gets hay, pellets, veg/fruit and occasional dandelions. He did once have alfalfa treats that a friend gave us, and he enjoyed those. :D

I want to get him some apple branches when my OH's mum next prunes their tree as the rats loved climbing and occasionally nibbling the branches they had in their cage.

I'd spend the £1.79 on a packet of herb seeds and grow them on your window sill. That way you get lots of herbs for your money and the bunnies will probably like the fresh stuff better :)

Back