• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HOW do you......

ShivyRex

Mama Doe
......get bunny poop off the grass in their runs??? I have tried loads of things - picking up with a cloth, trying to scoop up with a litter scoop etc etc but I can't get it all up as it gets lost in the grass.

Has anyone got any tips and let me know what may be a problem if I can't get all of it up?

Thanks

I use a hoover :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
When I was young and my dad cleaned the rabbits out with me he used spade and a broom... that used to work pretty well :D

Okies thank you guys. I will give some other things a go. No I don't need to get it all up but Zion does seem to poo copious amounts and when I get another bunny I dread to think how much I will be picking up. I am glad you said that though - at least I don't feel bad if I don't pick it all up. You say it is good for the grass.......I have another question then.....

....does rabbit wee kill the grass? My b/f is convinced that Zion weeing in one place has killed the grass there and that it won't recover. Any advice/experience?

Shiv :D

I used a wallpaper scraper and dustpan as it's easy to scrape and flick them up than with a brush! But tbh now I have them on tarpaulin (meant to be a temp measure to stop them digging) it is so much easier and hygenic (when I change their litter I sweep their run too, and every so often i can blast it clean with the hose) Im considering laying slabs.

Don't know about wee killing grass but know him nibbling on it will do damage! I bought a "patch pack" of grass seed, moved their run about once a fortnight, and put grass seed on the patch they had come from. You are supposed to move their run reg anyway as eating grass from where their droppings/wee is can give them stomach upsets - it's good for the grass, but not for your buns when they eat that grass :)

I sweep the lawn :oops:

Glad to know I'm not the only one that spends half hour sweeping her lawn :)

:lol: Sounds like we are all mad!!! I have a cat litter scoop and flick the droppings onto a dustpan!! My neighbours must think I'm eccentric with my tesco carrier bag collecting bunny poo at night!! I had wondered about a way of cleaning the grass after they wee & poo on it, didn't know if there was anything safe that you could "wash" the grass with. Now every evening when the bunnies go to bed, I get my watering can and wash the grass inside the runs. I think the wee does take the colour out of the grass though as I have patches, but I try to move the runs regularly. Anything for my beloveds!! Sometimes remove the poo if I pop home from work at lunch time so it doesn't build up and attract flies.

:)
xx

Back