• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Insurance

ladystardust

Alpha Buck
I know Jill gave me a pamphlet on my adoption of Molly and since her death I've been thinking about insuring my other 2 buns, as I can't afford huge vet bills.

Do you insure your buns or any other animals?

Can you make any recommendations of organisations etc?

How does it work i.e. in the event of operations etc?

Thanks

Zoe

The best company to use for rabbits is Petplan. I have my Giants insured with them and also my Rabbit Hotel. I have had two claims this year with my Giants and they settled really quickly.

When I move to my own house next month I'm going to open an extra savings account and put in a certain amount of money a month for vet emergencies. Was thinking about insurance but you have to pay around a £50 excess anyway and I think some companies don't cover dental work beacause it's so common. So might end up working out more expensive.

With 21 Rabbits it would cost us a fortune to insure them all so we have an animal savings account which we put a certain amount of money in each month. So far we have managed very well this way. :wink:

Louise

I have both Sophie and Rudy insured, Rudy was £78 a year and Sophie £76 for the year. I'd rather have the peace of mind so that no matter what - they would get treatment.

Back