• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT HELP NEEDED wild litter of buns

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
a eyes closed litter of wild rabbits have been foounf in a container that i going to be bulldoads, they saw what they think to be mum yesterdya but she has ran off and not been back since.

need to know what to do???? i have NO exp. with wild buns!

Mum's instinct for survival might be greater than her attachment to the babies unfortunately? I know some species will put themselves over the babies if it's a life or death situation and if she was disturbed she might be too afraid to go back?
The other thing is that babies don't feed that often, do they? So she might feel best leaving them until their next feed, which might be a while away? She might feel safer going back in the evening when it's darker and quieter.
When is the latest it can be left to? Could some sort of trap be set up and monitored from a distance so that if mum goes back to babies they could be trapped together then transported? :?

:shock: Sorry have absolutley no advice for you but have just looked at The Tiggywinkles site and they look as though they could help

St Tiggywinkles are great, they're near me, give them a call and they should be able to help (Tiggys started off in a guys house, it's amasing how far they've come!)

Yes, if you have a doe with a litter of about the same age (can be up to a week different) and she isn't feeding too mnay you could add them or a few of them to hers.

How are they doing today? Did you manage to contact a wildlife hospital?

I used to see lots at the wildlife hospital I was volunteering at....unfortunately not many of them made it :(

Bizzarely someone once brought some tiny kits in thinking they were fox cubs! :lol:

If these babies survive until they are bigger, there is a wild animal sanctuary in Kent who may take them. Donna-ARC would know the number.

I'm having to hand rear a litter of week old babies as their mum prolapsed her bladder and had to be PTS :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have another litter that is a few days younger but it is a large one and I don't dare risk the mum not feeding them all :(

Back