• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Too hot for my rabbits!!!

This weather is far too hot for my poor rabbits!!!!
Hows everyone copeing?Iv put them in the run with a shade over the top,its too hot.
They are still moulting at the moment too.
I know we shouldnt complain about the weather but it does go from one extreme to the next! :roll:

It is so hot at the mo', Lucy always has a bottle of frozen water in her hutch and she has had to come into the house a few times because she has started to overheat!

ive put buzz indoors because its so hot outside, thankfully i can keep the house cool. he also has frozen bottles which he uses as pillows! even in the shade outside here its in the high 20's but indoors its probably low to mid 20's so he's better off inside. the rabbit is coping better than the guineas though, poor things are flaked out everywhere. ive also tried putting the rabbit on th cold floor tiles, helps a bit

I tryed the frozen bottles but my rabbits chewed them so once it started to defrost the hutches were wet!! :roll:

wonder if we can freeze the snuggle safes????does anyone know?

Is there enough space under the hutches to put maybe a tray of frozen water? Maybe they could lay on the floor where it's cool without soaking the hutch

My bunnies lie up against a frozen water bottle inside their upturned plant pot - then I cuddle them to cool myself down. :lol:

Ted and Dougal have been out in the garden every day, with plenty of shade, our garden is quite exposed so we get a good breeze most days.

I'm working full time at the moment, so I get worried about them at work, I've been able to leave early afternoon on some days, but I'm running out of excuses now :? :? My boyfriend was home for 2 days ill on the 2 extremely hot days we've had thank god so he was able to keep an eye on them, change water bottles, etc!

Dougal is not bothered by the sun or heat, but poor Ted finds it a bit tough :(

Back