• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Water bowls

SarahP

Wise Old Thumper
What is with my strange bunnies? They refuse to drink out of anything but a water bowl, which is fine, so I always make sure they have 2 in their run. Except for some reason they'll only drink out of one, till it's completely dry, but won't touch the other. And it's not even always the same one! :shock: Bizarre behaviour....

Must be! Can't see any other reason for it - mad bunnies! :lol: I had to top up an empty bowl a while ago, leaving a completely full one, and they acted like they'd been deprived of water! :shock:

mine completely ignore their bowl and drink from the bottle :? I think I can understand Storm not drinking from the bowl anymore as his ears flop into the water :lol: :lol: but gypsy doesn't have this problem and still preferes the bottle :?

:lol: :lol: My girls are picky about their water aswell, they used to only drink out of one bottle even though they had two and now they only drink out of their bowl. :roll: Strange rabbits! :lol:

Oscar spent a few weeks only drinking from a bowl now he's gone back to his bottle, the silly bunny!
My babies like a bowl of water with ice in it but only to paddle in and then get mum wet when they flick the water off!
I think it depends on what mood the bunny is in to what they drink from the silly things hehehe!!!

sparklefairy said:
mine completely ignore their bowl and drink from the bottle :? I think I can understand Storm not drinking from the bowl anymore as his ears flop into the water :lol: :lol: but gypsy doesn't have this problem and still preferes the bottle :?

FlopsyJR drinks out of a bowl, purposley dipping her ears in :lol: :roll:

This bemuses me too!

Alfred has 2 bottles, and a bowl, will only drink out of bottle if really thirsty, and then only the one upstairs. I put an extra bowl out but wouldn't touch it...

Very strange behaviour!

Although just taken the bowl out and he is now drinkign quite happily out of the bottle - but only the upstairs one!

Hmm!

Jx

Back