• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bella at the Vets on Monday. U/D She’s home!

anon101

Banned
Hi Folks,

Bella is off to see Rebecca on Monday morning. She appears to have lost weight and I’m a bit concerned her teeth are the cause. She did have a spot of bother with her molars before she came here so it could be this again.

She is toileting, drinking and hopping around fine. With regards to eating she always eats when I give them their food but its difficult to tell how much she actually eats as she lives in a group of eight.

Positive thoughts welcome. :)

Louise

Just back from the Vets and we have left Bella there to have a dental. As expected she has some spurs, two in particular are starting to grow over the tongue, which are causing her some discomfort. :(

Apparently her molars are at a funny angle tilting inwards rather then outwards which means even the tiniest of spurs gives her discomfort, as they don’t have far to grow before growing over the tongue. Rebecca is going to try and file them so they are at a better angle, which should give her more time in between dentals. At the moment we are looking at a dental every two months needing a GA.

Phoning the Vets at 1pm to see how she is. :)

Louise

Sorry to hi-jack the post but Bracken has been to the vets this morning and vet had a look at his teeth and said their were 2 very small spurs on his back molars and suggested having them filed.

I was quoted to do this under GA £130.00 :eek: :eek: :eek:

He has lost weight he was weighed this morning and he`s 1.79kg on the 3rd july 1.84kg. He`s eating and drinking but lossing weight the vet is going to speak to another vet who knows more about rabbits why he`s not taking in the calories.

But looks like i`m in for a big bill on the teeth, their also going to take bloods whilst he`s having his teeth done.

Sorry to hear your chap is in for a dental. I believe Rabbits lose weight quickly when needing a dental due to the fact they cant chew/digest there food properly and they have a high metabolism.

We are going to be paying around £60.00.

Louise

Aw, poor Bella :(

I'm really sorry to hear about this.... I cannot understand how she managed in her old home for so long- she must have been suffering for quite a while.

How is she doing personality wise? Is she any more confident now she is living with your girls?
xx

Bella is now home. :D Bright as a button bless her and glad to be back with her friends. :wink:

She is a lot more confident now she is in with my girls. Loves exploring the room and snuggling up with them. She is still a little bit wary of been handled but with time I’m sure this will improve.

Louise

Back