• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

something in the air??

Dobbin

Mama Doe
I just wondered as i went out to see Dobbin picked him up for a cuddle and he growled at me - well i think it was a growl and he struggled!!

Do you think he is going off his mummy?

:? :? :(

Sue
xx

Cracker did that just before & after neutering! He's fine now, so think it was hormonal.

Some of my buns don't like being picked up though. I just do it on their terms now :D

i dont know anything about that, how will i know he needs to be done? and when? Will he be ok afterwards?

Sue
xx

Dobbin said:
i dont know anything about that, how will i know he needs to be done? and when? Will he be ok afterwards?

Sue
xx

Have his boy bits dropped? If yes, then Now! Do you mean will he be Ok after the op, or will he be friendly again? Also, The heat really isnt helping at the mo' :wink: Xx

Dobbin said:

Sue
xx

Anything after 16 weeks of age.

Every single one of mine has been nicer after neutering. Except for Smirnoff. Who actually isn't nice at all. He's BossMan!!! :lol:

he is about 12 weeks old - should i look then?! will it be obvious?!

IS he going to be as loving etc afterwards?!

Does the op take long? Will he forgive me for it?!

Sorry so many q's!

sue
xx

Dobbin said:
he is about 12 weeks old - should i look then?! will it be obvious?!

IS he going to be as loving etc afterwards?!

Does the op take long? Will he forgive me for it?!

Sorry so many q's!

sue
xx

Haha, Of course he'll forgive you!! They are supposed to be nicer afterwards but i'd say ususally depends on bunny, Im sure Dobbin will be just as loving :wink:. The op dont take long, Drop em off in the morning, pick them up when they come round, which is anytime depending on when the op happens. It'll be fine. Girls are supposed to be worse, and I had Till binkying the day after!! :lol: :shock: :lol: Xx

There is a risk cos he'll be having a GA, but it's less for a boy, & long term it means there'll be less sexual-frustration & it reduces his testicular(?)cancer risk. Also, you could get him a girlfriend.....(6 weeks after neuter unless she's spayed :D )

They have the op, & usually you get them back the same day. Then you keep an eye out for infection/picking stitches & they go back for a check up a couple of days later. If they don't have dissolvable stitches (I request them now), you go back after a week-10 days to have stitches removed.

Only probs I've ever had with male neuter was
Cracker - he got too agitated on way to vets (REALLY hates travelling) & we cancelled it twice. In the end he was sedated....
& Big Fudge my foster bun. He carefully pulled all his stitches out, & had to go on a weeks course of anti-biotics til the (mild) infection had cleared up :roll:

He's fluffy so you might not see his plums but have a feel. By now I guess you should be able to see where they will be when they drop. :D

oh gosh - its all a bit worrying!!

I will have a look tonight - if he lets me!

Not that the cost will matter - but is it expensive?

I am considering getting him a mate but i need to know more about it - i cant afford to get another hutch.

Hopefully going to have a shed for him, them soon.

Sue
xx

Dobbin said:
oh gosh - its all a bit worrying!!

I will have a look tonight - if he lets me!

Not that the cost will matter - but is it expensive?

I am considering getting him a mate but i need to know more about it - i cant afford to get another hutch.

Hopefully going to have a shed for him, them soon.

Sue
xx

Costs me £26.96, but your Darn Sarf :D

i will look tonight - will be awful leaving him at the vets for day - i shall worry all day!

I assume it is something that must be done is it?

Sue
xx

Dobbin said:
i will look tonight - will be awful leaving him at the vets for day - i shall worry all day!

I assume it is something that must be done is it?

Sue
xx

Better for his long term health & happiness.

He wouldn't really be able to have a friend until he's neutered - he would hump them all the time (leading to sexual frustration) & apparently it can reduce the risk of cancer.

I always consider it necessary. they come in through my door - theyre gonna be neutered ASAP!

Back