• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What a day!! And drinking wee (??)

ShivyRex

Mama Doe
Hello all,

Well I have had a busy day with Zion today. I let him have a run in the garden today which he appreciated immensely. Unfortunately he got into his detective mode for holes and managed to find one :shock: Thankfully I wad right behind him and had to drag him out backwards before he disappeared. Will be sorting that hole :oops: :?

Then I went out to the shops and my b/f went out to fix his trap door in his hutch. Left the lid to his run open and he jumps out! Hasn't done that before. Obviously got a taste of freedom from this afternoon. He chased next door's cat away as well so he is a zealous little boy growing with confidence everyday.

One thing I did notice is when he came into the kitchen and went to his usual place for going to the toilet, he done a wee and then turned around and drank it! :? Just wondering if this is normal. I was concerned whether he was drinking enough. He has a bottle in his hutch (ferplast sippy) and one in his run (normal one) and he has a bowl of water when he comes into the kitchen. I have seen him drink a few times but not a lot. He wees LOADS in one go. Anyone like to give me some advice on this as I have no idea.

Shiv

If he's not drinking a lot, you do need to get him to drink a bit more in this weather. Add a little bit of unsweetened apple juice to his water. Is he weeing more than normal?

Back