• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

stop wasting my time

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
omg i cant believe this keeps happening people are so bloody rude :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: , this is the third home visit i have done in the last couple of months where they let you do a H/V then dont go through with an adoption :roll: :roll: , i dont mind that bit but WHY get me to do one in the first place i am going miles out of my way to do these and they dont even phone to say they arent gonna do it now :roll: :roll: :roll: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

is therer any way anyone has found to stop this occuring???

Can you make them pay a deposit (non-refundable) when they reserve a bun? Then do homecheck after that?

Angie65 said:
Can you make them pay a deposit (non-refundable) when they reserve a bun? Then do homecheck after that?

i dont normally reserve buns until after a h/v is done, i dont see the point!

Don't know, I house check for the RSPCA and I've not known it happen before, they all go through with it, as I have to go back after six weeks to do a follow up.

SOAD said:
Don't know, I house check for the RSPCA and I've not known it happen before, they all go through with it, as I have to go back after six weeks to do a follow up.

whys it happening to me then :roll: :roll: i did one in crayford back in april, another that bought a hutch and run off my carpenter then didnt call back, then the other day and they didnt want the orginaly bun back and now another done last week whom said she will call me on tuesday :cry: :cry: :cry:

:cry: :cry: awww poor bunnies.

It's strange isn't it, I wonder whether they think it through properly before you go out. Could you do a questionaire to send to them via e-mail first? I did it for my RSPCA buns and then it was about a week until the homecheck, I guess if you're still serious after a week they do the homecheck.

SOAD said:
:cry: :cry: awww poor bunnies.

It's strange isn't it, I wonder whether they think it through properly before you go out. Could you do a questionaire to send to them via e-mail first? I did it for my RSPCA buns and then it was about a week until the homecheck, I guess if you're still serious after a week they do the homecheck.

what do you menn porr bunnnies :shock: how about poor Eve :cry: havin to trapse all the way over for FA!

I had some pig from the RSPC near me a while back and I had to fill in a questionaire (to be assessed) before any home checks was arranged.

I think depending on how you answer the questionaire determines a home visit or not.

Maybe thats the way to go Eve. You can assess from the form if they have thought it all through.

Deb x

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you want me to see if I've got a copy of one of the questionaires from when I first had a rspca bun.

SOAD said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you want me to see if I've got a copy of one of the questionaires from when I first had a rspca bun.

yes please hun, as i am sick of this wasting my petrol money driving all over essex (not such a small place) for Time Wasters!

Don't think there is a way to stop it :( I drove 15 miles..each way the other night..spent an hour and a half giving advice..trimmed their buns nails as dreadfully overgrown...and then drove home again :(

honeybunny said:
Don't think there is a way to stop it :( I drove 15 miles..each way the other night..spent an hour and a half giving advice..trimmed their buns nails as dreadfully overgrown...and then drove home again :(

Was that for a homecheck?
Do these people THINK there's nothing wrong?

Angie65 said:
honeybunny said:

i dont mean for H/Vs that have been refused i dont care about those i mean the ones that ARE Approved! :? :?

Angie65 said:
honeybunny said:

yep for a homecheck..took Jarvis and Blake with me as thought..by the e mails and phone calls would be fine...in the peoples defence ..they did take on board all the advice and admitted that they didn't have much bun knowledge..i think they realised this when i started pointing out things

bunnylove said:
Angie65 said:
honeybunny said:

i dont mean for H/Vs that have been refused i dont care about those i mean the ones that ARE Approved! :? :?

Well I care about those cos I haven't the time for those either :shock: :D
Does stress the need for a homecheck though..any rescues that don't do them should really reconsider

just thought....a way that might help Eve...if I'm doing the check myself..I try to find out as much aspossible on the phone..then I take a couple of buns with me that I think will be suitable ..then if the checks ok they adopt then and there....if not I bring buns back....might stop this happening to you

Back