• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone tried this?

Hello :D ,

I've used it as a treatment against flystrike. I bought it from the local vets. It is effective against fleas, mites, flies etc. I think one application lasts about 2 weeks. It's a spot on treatment and you just dab a few drops in various places such as back of neck etc.

I've used it if I know a particular bunny is at threat of flystrike. You can also buy rearguard which is eefctive against flystrike.

The xenex tackles flies, ticks, mites and fleas.

Hugs,

Nicola and Harvey xxx

It also says it kills the maggots that cause fly strike! I am going to order some, it is also a very good price, the cheapest I could fine. :wink:

Hi :D ,

It is a very good price. I think I paid at least £13 for mine from the vets. I didn't even know you could buy it online. I think I will get mine online in future and save some pennies.

Hugs,

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Sorry to gate grass your thread but has any one used this, I bought it the other day at Pets at Home, I havent used any yet,

IMG_4595.jpg

IMG_4596.jpg

I had a rabbit arrive at the rescue with flystrike!! although I never noticed straight away!! he is doing okay though :D

i've used the xenex befor. it was the only thing that got rid of a particular indestryctable mite colony.
word of warning though..my dutch had a bad reaction to it. at the site of application he skin became red (looked like a burn) and the hair fell out. he had a bald patch the size of a golfball for several months until it eventualy grew back. would be wary of using it on rabbits that are known to have sensetive skin or have had previous reactions to similar products.

Ali said:
Sorry to gate grass your thread but has any one used this, I bought it the other day at Pets at Home, I havent used any yet,

IMG_4595.jpg

IMG_4596.jpg

I bought this for the first time 3 weeks ago and have used it on all 7 of my buns and it seems to be working well, I couldn't afford rear guard for them all so I thought I would give the P@H product a go as it is a lot lot cheaper, I still check bums every day and so far all OK, I will keep checking though!

i ve used xenox before . put it on all my buns when i go on hols cos someone else looks after them .

(not that i think theyre not careful....just want to be extra sure :oops: )

my thumper had a reaction to it last time but id used it on him loads of times before and he was fine .

its easy to use but be very careful you dont put too much on ...this can be harmfull

snowy said:
Ali said:

IMG_4595.jpg

IMG_4596.jpg

I bought this for the first time 3 weeks ago and have used it on all 7 of my buns and it seems to be working well, I couldn't afford rear guard for them all so I thought I would give the P@H product a go as it is a lot lot cheaper, I still check bums every day and so far all OK, I will keep checking though!

Thank you Snowy, I was worried to use it as I hadnt read any feed back about it, :)

One other thing to watch with Xenex ultra is that it is deadly toxic to cats so if you have cats, please dispose of the packaging VERY carefully, wash your hands afterwards and keep cats and buns well apart until the stuff has all soaked in and gone away!

Xenex killed my rat :( there is a thread on fencyrats (forum) about several people who's pets have had allergic reactions and in some cases died. :? :shock: :cry:

Word of warning zentex may keep the flys at bay unless they have the runs, then it dosent. I was using it on a rescue bun that had bloat. Got it eating again but in the procces gave it the runs. I was bathing his bum daily and spraying zentex on his rear end every other day and he got fly stike.Had two lots of maggots hatch within two days. Pulled him through but will never trust zentex again. [ this was the spray on one not the one your talking about that is drops.] val

Thanks for all the feedback, the flystrike bunny seems to be doing well and I am injecting him with daily antibiotics, so fingers crossed he will make it :D

Back