• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look what came today..from a "rescue"

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
when you find yourself taking animals in from another "rescue" you know the situation is bad :(

A certain place that has been advertising as a rescue on RR and other sites....and also offering buns for sale on free ads....and giving buns and piggies away for free.....
2 people who are members on here were worried about the place and have been trying to find out more....5 days ago the owner told us she had over 100 animals....today we went to look :(

the lady who answered the door said there are only 2 gps and a bun left ..all the others have gone...God knows where :(
in a hutch in the middle of the garden ...no straw , just bare wood were these 3 cuties

shadowb.jpg

shadowa.jpg

a gorgeous rex boy..now called Shadow

and 2 girlie pigs....now named Marie and Sue :D

mariea.jpg

this is Marie in the dreadful hutch
hutch.jpg

the bun has obviously now been seperated form the gunieas.
the gps will be going to Tracy and Shadow will be rehomed from here

omg that awful that the hutches are just bare :shock: :evil: did they have any food??? :evil: Glad they are safe now.. lets hope the other 97 animals went to good homes too :evil:

Quote from their website:

"we are a small non profit rescue that takes in unwanted rabbits and guinea pigs or those needing homes. we dont as a rule rehome any of the animals but occasionally we have to. we dont charge for them but do ask for a small donation, this does NOT have to be money. we go through so much straw and rabbit/guinea pig food that recieving this is always much appreciated."

Note the referece to going through a lot of straw and do not usually rehome.

How awful, thank goodness they are all safe now :cry: How come so many animals have 'disappeared' suddenly, are they stopping doing it?

one thing I can say is Shadow seems to have been kindly treated as he is so easy to handle.....again this is probably a case of someone not sticking to a sensible limit and taking on too many animals and too little knowledge......or just trying to make some quick money :(

Evidently they are emigrating :shock: ..but what is odd is the woman told us on the phone only a few days ago she had over 100 :?

I am now over my limit but how could I leave these behind?! :( (just to add I'm nowhere near 100!)

She sounds like a crazy hazy woman - one of those collector types who thinks they are doing a good thing but AREN'T.

Oh dear. Glad you found them and rescued them, poor little loves :cry:

OMG!

I'm so glad they're with you now Jill....I was a bit concerned after seeing the freead and then on here xx

Well done Jill!!!, I couldn't have left them either, well done you :) :)

:shock: :shock: bit worrying about all the others, can't you find out what she did with them? :shock: :shock:

Back