• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eating Wallpaper!

lynda_m

Warren Veteran
How do you get them to stop?

I left my two out for a few hours last night and this morning discovered that they have eaten the wall paper behind one of the warbdrobes :shock:

My landlord is coming to inspect on Monday so I can hide it with the wardbrobe for now, but It looks like I'm going to have to re-paper when I move out :cry:

Does anyone have any tips other than muzzling the rabbits :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm ok cos the bunny rooms have 3 foot high plywood nailed to the wall. If I remove these, & fill tiny holes, walls ok :D

At the old house, Smirnoff did remove the wall paper & did a hole in the plaster. Gaz filled it, & painted it. Guess where the table was moved to :D

Take wallpaper off and paint!!! That's what I did!! :D

Although I discovered this morning that they have eaten some plaster and I now have a hole in the wall!! :?

I don't think there is a way. I've still not redoecorated my hall, because I want a new bathroom first, but although I've saved the bathroom cash the whole idea of having to bath down my Moms for a week is putting me off :lol: . Althought I've found a really fab bathroom I want, but I need some one to do the tiling for me too as I'm not sio good.

Well anyway the answer to your question is no you can't stop them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can get bitter apple spray from a petshop and spray that on areas at risk. You can also get perspex sheets and put those up to the height you need all the way round the wall. You can clap and should no whenever they go near the wall. At first physically move them away and they should get the message. Make sure you have hay out when the bunnies are out - Jack chews the carpet if there is no hay in the living room. If I give him hay he is happy to chew that. Go down to your local diy store, grab a cheap roll of wallpaper and give them strips of that to play with. Can't think of anything right now.

Back