• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding

kathryn

Young Bun
I am just wondering really how easy it would be to bond two female rabbits. One is a 2 year old and spayed and the other is 11 weeks old. I got the youngster to bond with the female after her partner died and i was told she was a he and stupid me didn't check for a few days to let her settle in :oops: . At the moment they are in separate runs in the garden but next to each other, my question really is will it be totally impossible for me to bond them. I will obviously be having the youngster spayed as soon as she is old enough. If neccessary i will have to buy another hutch and keep them separately but it would be much nicer if they could live together.

I think it depends on the temperament of the older female but it shouldn't be a problem. They should get on well now before the younger ones hormones kick in. If she is spayed as soon as possible you shouldn't need to separate them. If they seem ok next to each other in the run then it might be worth trying them together in neutral territory to see how they get on.

Back