• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Uncle A- U/D 4/8 Flippin' 'eck Now Dermatitis EVERYWHERE!!

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Uncle A has lost the use of his left hind leg and the right one is not too good either :cry:
This morning he can only drag himself around with his front end :cry:
He remains happy within himself and is eating lots.
I with speak with Christabel later.
Oh dear..... :cry: :cry:

Janex

Oh no!! I had forgotten that Christabel is away for two weeks after today :shock:
She REALLY deserves the break BUT....... :shock: :(

Janex

Oh no. :( Poor uncle A. :(

How good are your construction skills? You may need to construct a bunny wheelchair! :D That would be nice for him. :D

I hope he stays happy and can still live a long time with you yet. :D

Aw poor Uncle A! :cry:

Maybe you could get him one of those wheelchair things where you put their back legs on and they can wheel themselves about?

AMETHYST

Uncle A has had some Physio and is tolerating it well.
He is not in pain, which is the most important thing. He can sit up now but when he moves his back end collapses :(
Christabel says to just keep doing as I have been today and to see how things go.
Even though she is on holiday next week she has told me I can contact her if necessary. I hope not to have to but it goes above and beyond the call of duty for her to offer

Janex

personally Jane I am shocked by Christabel's response to you :shock: how does she not know that uncle A has not broken anything and with everything, time is the essence with any bunny ailment, especially rear paralysis.

I had this a few months ago with Marcel de bun and needless to say, I was at the emergency vets within the hour. After x rays and lots of prescribed medication and help and support from other members with regards certain deficiencies he was hopping again 24 hours later but, as you know the first thing that has to be ruled out with rear paraylisis is any breakages so an x ray is paramount here before doing any physio. Surely Christabel has faith in the other vets that she works with for you to get him to the vets.

I really do not think you can afford to wait for her return as there are many reasons for rear paralysis and without IMMEDIATE treatment can lead to other symptons that may not be easiy cured :(

Denny said:
personally Jane I am shocked by Christabel's response to you :shock: how does she not know that uncle A has not broken anything and with everything, time is the essence with any bunny ailment, especially rear paralysis.

I had this a few months ago with Marcel de bun and needless to say, I was at the emergency vets within the hour. After x rays and lots of prescribed medication and help and support from other members with regards certain deficiencies he was hopping again 24 hours later but, as you know the first thing that has to be ruled out with rear paraylisis is any breakages so an x ray is paramount here before doing any physio. Surely Christabel has faith in the other vets that she works with for you to get him to the vets.

I really do not think you can afford to wait for her return as there are many reasons for rear paralysis and without IMMEDIATE treatment can lead to other symptons that may not be easiy cured :(

1-Uncle A has hind leg PARESIS, not PARALYSIS
2- Christabel and I know the cause and it is NOT a fracture
3-Uncle A has Fibrosarcoma (Cancer)
4-I trust Christabels judgement implicitly

Thank you for your concern.
I am not denying my rabbit treatment

Jane

I hope he is OK in the long run. It never goes smoothly with the Bertster, but he always comes up smiling.

Adam

LonBun said:
I hope he is OK in the long run. It never goes smoothly with the Bertster, but he always comes up smiling.

Adam

Thanks Adam

As Christabel predicted physio is really helping the old boy :D
He seems to enjoy it and during the last session decided that munching on some gratted carrot whilst having his legs massaged was quite nice!!
He has been able to get about better this afternoon so will continue to follow our wonderful Vets advice :D

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
He seems to enjoy it and during the last session decided that munching on some gratted carrot whilst having his legs massaged was quite nice!!

Be careful Jane, we'll all be wanting to move in if you will treat us all in such a way :lol: :lol: Glad Bertie is doing well!

Back