• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fundraising idea....

Dobbin

Mama Doe
I had an idea about how to raise money for rescues.

I hope no one minds me suggesting this and that i dont upset anyone please give me your honest opinion - also i was not sure who i should contact about this so i figured if i put it here someone might help.

What i thought was having a sale page on here where people can put things they want to get rid of, the money raisede then goes into a pot which every month is shared out to the rescues - its just an idea.

I thought things could be put up for sale and left for 3 - 5 days - then the person with the highest bid gets it. The [person who wants the item to pay postage - or share between seller and buyer and then all money goes into pot and shared out - say once a month. I certainly have a few bits which could go up!! I dont know how much money it will make - but everything helps. Even if things are going for a few pound or under it all adds up. what do people think?

Sue
xx

Myself and Adele have been discussing something like this but the main issue was money/posting - how would you know when someone had paid. If they sent the money direct to us they'd have to send postage seperately....

I probably wouldn't sell anything because I'm like a squiral :lol: , but I would buy loads :lol:

i thought postage could be sorted between seller and buyer then its just the money for the item which needs to go somewhere, to you or where ever.

Sorry i hope i have not stepped on anyones toes it just seemed a good idea to me - then who ever is handing out the money can say how much was raised every month.

Sue
xx

Do you have a paypal account Tamsin? That would make it quite stright forward (if most people have paypal :? ) Then the easiet thing would be to send the person who was selling the item stamps to the correct value. Perhpas when you recieved the mony you could just post "PAID" on the relevent topic.

Back