• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lara and Major Tom are Poorly.......

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Poor little Lara went into stasis overnight :( Once she had been started on treatment for that I tried to work out what had caused it. I usualy find it is a secondary problem rather than the primary disease. After all the usual checks I tested her wee which revealed a nasty infection. So after checking with Christabel(Vet) Lara has started on a course of Baytril. At least her tum is ok now and she is getting extra fluids under her skin to try to flush the bugs out of her bladder.

Major Tom is all snottyand sneezy again so has had to go back on Septrin. I am sure this hot weather is the trigger for both problems.

Roll on Autumn!!

Janex

SOAD said:
Awwwww poor bunny hope she gets better. How do you test her wee?

With something called a Diastick. It is a little strip that has tiny squares of various chemicals on it which detect the presence of things like blood/protien/glucose etc in wee. If it shows up positive for blood it indicates infection somewhere in the urinary tract.

Janex

oh no Jane bless them both. I think you are right about the weather, I keep wishing for Autumn too as I don't like this hot weather any more than my buns do!! Sending positive vibes to both your poorly buns.

I hope she gets better soon Jane :love: :love: :love: :love:

Sorry Jane I forgot to say get well to Major Tom as well :oops:

Aww Jane the poor poppets XX Im sure you will get it cleared up though! And i know what you mean about the heat causing snots! Stitch had been fine with his sneezing for weeks now and he started again last night!

Jack's-Jane said:
Major Tom is all snottyand sneezy again so has had to go back on Septrin. I am sure this hot weather is the trigger for both problems.

I agree Jane - Santa has got very snotty again in this extreme heat - maybe it is causing any little abscesses in the nasal cavities to pop open?

Hope Lara and Major Tom are ok xx

How do you check wee Jane ? :shock: :shock: :shock:

As you know my little Harv hasn't been right for a while. How can you test whether they have an infection?

Love and hugs :D ,

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Jane I'm so sorry to hear about Lara and Major Tom, I'm sending vibes and hugs.

Jack's-Jane said:

Do you think that Miffy's blocked tear ducts COULD be weather-related? She does suffer from the heat because she has the thickest coat.

AMETHYST

Lara says thank you all for you good wishes :D

Major Tom says AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaCHoooooooooooooooooooo

sniff, sniff....... :roll:

Janex

major tom i know just how you feel . these summer colds are a b****r to get rid of . And Lara ...i fully sympathise ..hha hhmm ..probs with water works , suffered on and off with that for 6 yrs . ouuuch

Angie

bunnymadhouse said:
major tom i know just how you feel . these summer colds are a b****r to get rid of . And Lara ...i fully sympathise ..hha hhmm ..probs with water works , suffered on and off with that for 6 yrs . ouuuch

Angie

Hello Auntie Angie,

I am now on the Cranberry extract for my 'Does problems' aswell as my Baytril and fluids under my skin.
Major Tom, being a Buck, cant just have the sniffs......
Oh no, he has to have 'A Terrible Case of Snuffles' needing extra food treats, nose rubs...etc....etc.... :roll:

Humph.....the Bucks should have the Kits then they'd know what suffering is..... :roll: :wink: :lol:

Love Lara-Bunny
xxxx

Aww, sorry to hear Lara and Major Tom aren't feeling well. :( :(
Sending loads of vibes you way. xxx

Get better soon you two!

Back