• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Broad beans???? Lettuce????

lucyj

Mama Doe
Ive been giving H&H peas in their pods, and they love them, went to buy veg yesterday and they had broad beans still in their pods, thought about giving them a try but wasnt sure if they were ok? As Ive read somewhere that beans should be avoided, but I wasnt sure if this meant all types, or just some. I admit I tried them with green beans before I read this, but they weren't impressed and didn't touch them.

Also, are there some kinds of lettuce you can feed rabbits? I dont give mine any at all as I read it was bad for them, but my step-mum told me she used to give hers some types, just not iceberg, but she couldnt remember what types it was.

DO any of you give ur bunnies broad beans or lettuce? What kinds?

Beans and peas should not be fed to rabbits. They must not be fed iceberg lettuce but it is ok to feed any dark leaf lettuce such as raddichio, romaine and endive :D

peas in pods arent ok? But I'm sure I read on the internet that they were fine, ive given them to the boys loads of times and they love them, what do they do to them?? Worried now :?

I have also heard peas in the pod are no good.Sorry don,t know why :? I do feed mine the pods though which are supposed to be fine :D

It says on that list posted that peas including leaves and pod are safe.
Dont know about broadbeans tho :?

Back