• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

8 rabbits in the vets last night 8-0

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Well I left work early, Bryn helped me get them in carriers, which took ages. Bramble decided she didn't want to go to the vets and took a chunk out of my hand, which bleed for about an hour after :( , but bless her she left a flap of skin so I can wear the cut open or closed :lol: .

Bryn came with me as there were far to many carriers to carry on my own, folded down the seats to the car put them in and off we went.

At the vets we took all the carriers in, we took up half the waiting room and caused a massive obstruction. I waited in the queue for five minutes (still dripping blood), because there was a new receptionist on and didn't know who I was.

She checked and said no we've not got you book in :? , I was like yes you have, thinking OMG what a prat this new girl is :evil: . Anyway after much protesting from her and much arseyness from me, I said look it's Tuesday I know I'm here :x , she flicked through the book and found I was suppose to turn up next Tuesday :oops: :oops: . OMG I wanted the ground to swallow me whole, I never felt like such a moron in my entire life, I could see Bryn out the corner of my eye laughing, it felt as if everyone was pointing and saying what a fool, it was so embarrassing :oops: :oops: :oops: .

Well they agreed to see Sharon though for her follow up check and she is doing ok, her temperature is 39.9, apparently bunnies can't be higher then 40 (she was 42 last week :shock: ), so she is top end of normal, but at least she is ion the normal bracket. She's still living inside with the fans on, but at least she's doing ok and is a bit better :D . It's her weight that is worrying me though, she is thin and there appears to be nothing wrong with her, not that the vets can find anyway. Do very old buns go fragile like old people?
:cry:

Well anyway I think they really overcharged me for Sharon's consultation, but I was too embarrassed from bringing all the buns with me to argue so I paid up and left quick :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

your lucky i have been to the vets with 9 rabbits only to sit in the waitong room for my appointment finally get seen and then be told they havent got enough vacs :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: twice in the trot :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

OMG I would of been mad if that happened. You'd think they would order enough :roll:

It's her weight that is worrying me though, she is thin and there appears to be nothing wrong with her, not that the vets can find anyway. Do very old buns go fragile like old people?
My dwarf lop Pippa is skin and bones only. She is just over 7 years old now and has been like this for about 18 months or so. She had full blood tests and scans twice and nothing showed up. She is totally fine in herself, eats well, poops well, behaves normally. So I have decided she is just old and she gets daily oats with her food to stop her from shrinking away completely... :)

LurcherGirl said:
It's her weight that is worrying me though, she is thin and there appears to be nothing wrong with her, not that the vets can find anyway. Do very old buns go fragile like old people?
My dwarf lop Pippa is skin and bones only. She is just over 7 years old now and has been like this for about 18 months or so. She had full blood tests and scans twice and nothing showed up. She is totally fine in herself, eats well, poops well, behaves normally. So I have decided she is just old and she gets daily oats with her food to stop her from shrinking away completely... :)

Thank you, I've had her on oats and she does seem to love them, I will keep on with them :thumb:

Phill said:
Oh Tree you do make me laugh!! Glkad Sharons doing ok though XXX

It was horried, I feel like changing vets :lol: , it wouldn't of been so bad if I hadn't of argued so much :oops:

Try going in with two contis and two smaller buns, the onti carriers take up tonnes of room and I get all the little brats trying to see them. Plus my boyfriends car is a useless two seater, he should have been more considerate for my buns when he bought it, years before meeting me lol.

She checked and said no we've not got you book in , I was like yes you have, thinking OMG what a prat this new girl is . Anyway after much protesting from her and much arseyness from me, I said look it's Tuesday I know I'm here , she flicked through the book and found I was suppose to turn up next Tuesday

Oh no! Im a recpetionist in a hotel, and although I feel quite sorry for the girl (its easy for it 2 b sum1elses mistake but if ur the 1 on shift ur taking the flack!) but I must admit that we OFTEN dont have peoples bookings in where they should be, Im sure they'r the same - so I bet she's just glad that they did have u booked in sumwhr, she wont think anything else of it. ALso, it possibly still is there mistake - they might have told u 1 tues and wrote u in on the next tues (that happened to me at the beauticians before I went on hol, had to dash about like a mad thing trying to find another beautician!)

lucyj said:
She checked and said no we've not got you book in , I was like yes you have, thinking OMG what a prat this new girl is . Anyway after much protesting from her and much arseyness from me, I said look it's Tuesday I know I'm here , she flicked through the book and found I was suppose to turn up next Tuesday

Oh no! Im a recpetionist in a hotel, and although I feel quite sorry for the girl (its easy for it 2 b sum1elses mistake but if ur the 1 on shift ur taking the flack!) but I must admit that we OFTEN dont have peoples bookings in where they should be, Im sure they'r the same - so I bet she's just glad that they did have u booked in sumwhr, she wont think anything else of it. ALso, it possibly still is there mistake - they might have told u 1 tues and wrote u in on the next tues (that happened to me at the beauticians before I went on hol, had to dash about like a mad thing trying to find another beautician!)

I don't know I'm daft enough to get thye wrong day, I turned up a day ealrly for one of my exams before :oops: :lol:

raven_guest said:
Try going in with two contis and two smaller buns, the onti carriers take up tonnes of room and I get all the little brats trying to see them. Plus my boyfriends car is a useless two seater, he should have been more considerate for my buns when he bought it, years before meeting me lol.

I bet that is nightmare :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tree, yet again you have me laughing out loud!

It had to happen to you didn't it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Aw Tree, Thank You :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

After a rotten day at work, you've managed to make me laugh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back