• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Home Checks

Apache

Mama Doe
Can I ask what happens when you have a home check carried out?

Do they just want to see your facilities? Or is it also a general chat to see if they think you are competent?

Thanks

Jx

They wanna see where the bun will be all day/exercise facilities. They might accept a slightly smaller hutch, if the bun will be free range for 15 hours a day.

There's questions - where will bun go when you are on holiday? What will you feed it? Vets? Will it have another-bun for company? Do you vaccinate/neuter? If you have picked a particular bun - that bun might have special needs - like prefer to live outdoors, need lots of run space, or a biter (not good in a household with kids). They'll want to know who will be responsible for the bun (eg - not a child). If there's another bun, they'll want to make sure it looks healthy etc.

I didn't mind having mine - or doing them. Gives me a chance to sit around talking about bunnies. :D

Brilliant - many thanks, at least I know what to expect now :)

Fingers crossed all goes well, hopefullu going to choose Alfred's new friend this afternoon :D

Jx

Back