• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

boarding insurance needed

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
what insurance is neded to board a bunny?? and or could i just get a disclainer signed to say they are aware that they leave the rabbit/s here upon their own risk, (not to say i am a risk :shock: :lol: just if anything happened its not down to me!

lots of people are gravitating to me for boarding because of the rescue :roll: , now most oif the time i cant take in any BUT for previous adoptors it would be nice..

ellepotter said:
Adele maybe the best person to ask, as I'm sure she has boarding insurance with Petplan. :? :?:

Louise

Hiya Eve

yes Louise is right :) Petplan do a rabbit Hotel insurance that covers bunnies for vet bills and third party liability (incase any clients try to sue you :shock: )
I have a boarding Contract in addition to the Insurance, they both compliment each other :wink:
I would not board bunnies here without this insurance, and you get a lot of cover for around 11 pounds a month :)
Hope this helps Eve :?:
Best wishes

Adele said:
ellepotter said:
Adele maybe the best person to ask, as I'm sure she has boarding insurance with Petplan. :? :?:

Louise

Hiya Eve

yes Louise is right :) Petplan do a rabbit Hotel insurance that covers bunnies for vet bills and third party liability (incase any clients try to sue you :shock: )
I have a boarding Contract in addition to the Insurance, they both compliment each other :wink:
I would not board bunnies here without this insurance, and you get a lot of cover for around 11 pounds a month :)
Hope this helps Eve :?:
Best wishes

thanks adele,
i dont want to start boarding, just wondered if i could protect myself if i did do the odd sit for a previous adoptor!

Thanks eve x

[
thanks adele,
i dont want to start boarding, just wondered if i could protect myself if i did do the odd sit for a previous adoptor!

Thanks eve x[/quote]

You are welcome Eve :D
I think you are very sensible thinking about covering yourself with Insurance even just for infrequent pet sitting.
Most people are fine, but you only need one to take umbridge and it can go pear shaped very quickly :? . I have been lucky not to have had any problems myself, but know others who have.

Best wishes

Do you need to be licensed as well as having public indemnity insurance and petplan boarding insurance?

KatieB said:
Do you need to be licensed as well as having public indemnity insurance and petplan boarding insurance?

Hiya there is no license required to date for boarding, but you have a legal requirement to register your intention to board pets at your premises with your local Council.
Guardian Angels is registered with Wychavon District Council for example.
Best wishes

Thanks for that :D Do they charge? and what do you have to say- to raise funds to run the rescue and sanc we are now starting to board bunnys?

Back