• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

POST MORTUM DONE

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
on thelma and th evet said he found nothing to suspect anything :shock: :? although the bowel wall was thickened he has no idea and is going do some more research anyone have any ideas?

Eve x

same with Flossy

Hi

Flossy's PM was done Friday within hours of her death and was similarly unenlightening. Are bunnies just fragile sometimes?

Nicole

She was sick well before the heatwave struck, she hadn't been well for some time :cry:

Don't know what to suggest Eve :cry:

i think a lot of deaths have been down to the heat..if you think how us humans are struggling think of those animals wearing fur coats. :cry:

Dysautonomia- a disease of the autonomic nervous system which mainly effects the digestive tract. (May be cause of Thelma's thickened bowel :?) It can cause symtoms often refered to as 'Mucoid Enteropathy'.

Your Vet might like to contact Katherine Whitwell at The Royal Veterinary College in Edinburgh.She is doing reasearch into the condition so might be of help.
I am sorry you lost Thelma :cry:

Jane

Jack's-Jane said:
Dysautonomia- a disease of the autonomic nervous system which mainly effects the digestive tract. (May be cause of Thelma's thickened bowel :?) It can cause symtoms often refered to as 'Mucoid Enteropathy'.

Your Vet might like to contact Katherine Whitwell at The Royal Veterinary College in Edinburgh.She is doing reasearch into the condition so might be of help.
I am sorry you lost Thelma :cry:

Jane

thanks jane i will pass that one! BUT have one concern thelma had constant acess and ate hay, i am aware that previous owner feed a low fibre diet" but i never so how can it be ME in this case??

just to add..i didn't mean the heat was responsible in this case..was answering the post above mine...I do think ifs an animal has another problem this excessive heat adds added to it...
like others I'm so sorry you lost this bun x

bunnylove said:
i provide protection for the heat to ALL bunnies it wouldnt even be a consideration!

Awww sorry about Thelma.

I take percautions with the heat on my buns, but Sharon still got sick even though the other buns were fine. You may of had a bun just not able to handle the heat like Sharon.

Sorry you know no more after the pm :(

SOAD said:
bunnylove said:
i provide protection for the heat to ALL bunnies it wouldnt even be a consideration!

Awww sorry about Thelma.

I take percautions with the heat on my buns, but Sharon still got sick even though the other buns were fine. You may of had a bun just not able to handle the heat like Sharon.

Sorry you know no more after the pm :(

the heat thing was a misguided idea from someone, like alsion had said she had been ill before the heat and had unrellated problems,

isnt sharon a elderly bunny tree? they would have more problems that a younger healthy fit bunny with the heat!.. i also provide frozen bottle which i realise this is something you cannnot do being at work all day! but like i sadi its unrelated in this case!

I do they have frozen water bottle , and Sharon had one of them last week when she was bad, Bryn get back on his dinner to swap them over. As the one's I put in in the morning melt :lol: . Yep Sharon is very old, I hadn't realise how old she could be untill I spoke to Celia last week. She really looks it too :cry:

SOAD said:
I do they have frozen water bottle , and Sharon had one of them last week when she was bad, Bryn get back on his dinner to swap them over. As the one's I put in in the morning melt :lol: . Yep Sharon is very old, I hadn't realise how old she could be untill I spoke to Celia last week. She really looks it too :cry:

its like my bertie hun he is 8 :shock: and he is starting to really look it as well, :cry: :cry: :cry:

SOAD said:
I don't like it when they get old, it's not nice :(

well i dont know! we must have done something right for them to have achieved getting to this age i bet most bunnies in this country dont get over there second birthday :cry: :cry: :cry:

bunnylove said:
SOAD said:
I don't like it when they get old, it's not nice :(

well i dont know! we must have done something right for them to have achieved getting to this age i bet most bunnies in this country dont get over there second birthday :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yes very true :cry:

Back