• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Opinions please

clean once a week :cry: :cry: :cry: my good if she fees them properly she would also be breeding flies :cry: :cry: :cry: i have at least two bunnies here tat eat so much hay and drink so much water that if you didi not clean them EVERY DAY, by the end of that day you would have a swam of flies round there cage :twisted:

and two footers even for mini lops thats SMALL! :cry:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Barbaric springs to mind :cry: :cry: :cry: , rabbits are meant to run free on grass and graze all day, OK we all can't let them out 24/7 but OMG I shouldn't think those rabbits have ever seen grass let alone have exercise.

I really hope the new bill that is going through Parliament will stop all this and put these unscrupulous people out of business!!

It really breaks my heart to see this king of suffering

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

2ft square hutch is tiny and cruel :( She also doesn't believe in disinfecting the hutches because they need to be exposed to germs! :roll: Sounds disgusting!

hunnybun said:
is that how breeders normally keep their rabbits?

SOME breeders keep their rabbits like that. Some breeders atually care about their rabbits and give them all the space they need, when I was breeding they had their own hutches and got to go out in the garden and got snuggles just like any other looked after pet bun would.

missblondebunny said:
snowy said:
I really hope the new bill that is going through Parliament will stop all this and put these unscrupulous people out of business!!

whats this new bill about??

There have been several threads on it, I'm not too sure of the finer detail but apparently, each rabbit must have a 6 foot hutch?, the RSPCA will have greater powers on seizing animals, do a search on the thread, it's very interesting reading

ShivyRex said:
I have had an email from this breeder criticizing me and my site!

What did she say about you and your site?

She pulled me up for rehoming kits at 8 weeks,when actually mostly they are older than that anyway, and they go with a sibling, any single ones stay with Mum. She aslo corrected me on Paddy being a cashmere lop! and NOT a cross, who cares! he is a rabbit needing a home!! I have not had any fancy breeds in the rescue and only went on what the previous owners told me, that one of the grandparents of paddy was a cross Angora! The thing is I am not a breeder or an expert in breeds just a animal lover who wants to help give these rabbits a second chance.
Her tone was quite abrupt! I just felt it was a bit rude! I do my best and don't need someone like her to criticise me!!
I haver replied in the same tone :shock:

What a cheek she has for criticizing you, hope you pointed out that its probably people like her that your rescues originate from!!

O/T - hunnybun - the x-lion head called Milly is exactly like my Milly!!! How cute!!!

Most breeders keep too many rabbits to feasibly let them out for a run (not that I think that's a good excuse!!!) Most will have sheds full of rabbits.
There's a site I've been on which really annoys me, on it it preaches about rabbits needing excercise and toys to play with. Gorgeous came from him and none of the rabbits had toys and the garden was tiny and the buns were never let out. They were also in 'breeder' hutches (i.e tiny ones)
I love the ones that brag about keeping their buns in 4ft hutches!

Sure you can, you can give her /him a fw other choice words courtesy of me as well if you like :wink:

:lol: :lol:

Back