• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is there a pattern??? RESCUES??

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
omg this month and last were so bad for rehoming :shock: :shock: took loads in though :shock: :shock:

i just wondered whether a, anyone recorded the amount they take in and rehome in that month/s? and b. whether there is a natural trend for rehoming? ie... more rehomed in so and so month and less in another???

Eve x

I guess people wont get a rabbit/rabbits if they are off on a family holiday as many are at this time of year :?
But some will use a rescue as a dumping ground...... :x :x

Janex

Maybe it varies by area, I've contacted a few rescues as I'd like a doe, but 2 out of the 3 I've tried didn't have any, and the 3rd only has 3 available.

Jx

Apache said:
Maybe it varies by area, I've contacted a few rescues as I'd like a doe, but 2 out of the 3 I've tried didn't have any, and the 3rd only has 3 available.

Jx

god really :shock: i have loads of both sexes!

Good post- i know what you mean!

We have had alot of mistreated cases in the month, had a few going out though.

One woman rang last night at 8pm and wanted to see the buns because the pet shop was closed!

KatieB said:
Good post- i know what you mean!

We have had alot of mistreated cases in the month, had a few going out though.

One woman rang last night at 8pm and wanted to see the buns because the pet shop was closed!

oh my :shock: me to skye, casper, this one coming in today, two throwing in a garden,...

only rehomed four so far this month :cry: :cry: :cry:

i get lots of those impatient calls too, which i will glady lose! :twisted:

I'm not a rescue, but I help rehome rabbits in the area for free, I've been called about loads over the last couple of months.

my prob is reserving i don't mind for special cases but have learnt my lesson now!

Have 8 reserved all going out middle of august!

KatieB said:
my prob is reserving i don't mind for special cases but have learnt my lesson now!

Have 8 reserved all going out middle of august!

i refuse to reserve unless a home visit has been done and thats for a max of two weeks, to many reserve even with a h/V done and dont contact to say they have changed there mind :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Very busy at the moment with incoming..have had a few interested in homing in the last week but has slowed...due to hols I think..Autumn will also be bad due to dark and cold nights and people not wanting to bother with animals in winter :(

Have rehomed 7 buns and 3 gps so far this month...have some more due out if all goes well

I'll only reserve with a deposit (non Refundable) and for a specified time only if no contact from new owners thsn the animals is put back up for rehoming. :(

As for the number of does about I only have 2 left for rehoming and yes Eve it is very quiet at the moment although in my case it seems in both directions as non are coming in either. :)

rngpwelfare said:
I'll only reserve with a deposit (non Refundable) and for a specified time only if no contact from new owners thsn the animals is put back up for rehoming. :(

As for the number of does about I only have 2 left for rehoming and yes Eve it is very quiet at the moment although in my case it seems in both directions as non are coming in either. :)[/quote

god what some of mine trace :shock: how does rehoming go throught the reast of the year yer in your experience ??

Tracy did a lady called Anne contact you re doe?....also have you ever considered swapping long terms buns? Not ones with probs as wouldn't want to pass them on but just ones that stick for no obvious reason...did this with cheryl..I took Pee Wee and Cookie and managed to find them both great homes...just wondering :?

honeybunny said:
Tracy did a lady called Anne contact you re doe?....also have you ever considered swapping long terms buns? Not ones with probs as wouldn't want to pass them on but just ones that stick for no obvious reason...did this with cheryl..I took Pee Wee and Cookie and managed to find them both great homes...just wondering :?

I think so Jill but she wanted to have an upright eared one and the only one I have is Roxy who I wouldn't trust with children and maybe not other rabbits either (but that's a different story). As for swapping I might just have a couple of rabbits in mind that I wouldn't mind doing that with. I'll see what happens on Sunday first though :D

I seem to have noticed that the south of the country has both a lot more rescues and a lot more buns needing homes. I'm in Cumbria at the moment and there was only one rescue i found and they only had in one suitable doe, who turned out to be pregnant.

Deelove said:
I seem to have noticed that the south of the country has both a lot more rescues and a lot more buns needing homes.

It's an interesting perception isn't it, because from my end of the South, it seems like there are loads of rescues up north but not many down these parts!! Eve is the only rabbit rescue I know of in Essex who neuters, vaccinates and homechecks for all buns - there are some other rescues but they do seem to be more of a production line :?

Back