• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Free ads

Rushie

Banned
Does anyone else get depressed when they see all the free ad rabbits?

I was just looking at Soad's list of free ads and seeing such a large number all in one place is really upsetting. The older rabbits especially get to me as they are usually the ones that people have got bored with. How can you EVER get bored with a rabbit???

I just want to take them all and give them the chance of a loving, caring home. Poor, poor bunnies.

Kate

I know what you mean, it is very sad. I keep thinking of where I could fit them in, but with 4 fosters its not really an option :(

On the plus side though, just because they're on freeads doesn't mean they won't go to a good home...

I've probably met about 10 people over free ad buns, & 4 of those actually cared about their buns & the free-to-good-home thing was just lack of knowledge. Although i would also say that out of the 10, there's been 2 I wanted to hit.

I wanted to get them all once - but then I got the surprise babies!!! So i'm extremely wary now!!!

It is very depressing that there are so many. I just wish that there was more that could be done to educate people... :x

I know a lot of it is through a lack of knowledge but any responsible person would read up first before getting ANY pet :x

I suppose until such a time that pet shops and the like are prohibited from selling rabbits, guinea pigs etc, then people will always act on a whim and buy that cute little cuddly thing sitting quietly in a cage....

Kate

I've just deleted all theones that have gone, I can't check the ones with phone numbers though at the moment, I'm at work :lol:

Back