• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

awful ...stillborn babies ....UPDATE ..LAST 1 GONE

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
if someone can link my original post about the 9 buns which came in almost a month ago then please do as this concerns them .

4 were females . had been living with 5 males . 1 had just given birth :cry: now spayed . 1 , fudge has has 5 healthy babies . leaving 2 more , Maisie and Grace . they were both too poorly when they came to us and by the time they looked fit enough we were sure they were pregnant .
both have given birth today . both litters are dead . :cry: :cry: :cry:

Maise had eaten 2 of hers all but their heads . she hadnt made a nest or anything.

Grace had made a lovely nest and i feel soooo sad for her . 1 of her babies had its leg the wrong way around and they all looked odd .

im soo soo sad

done some maths and if wed taken them a few days earlier we would have split them in time to prevent them getting pregnant.

its so unfair .

Angie

it makes me feel sick to think how many litters they might have already had :cry:

Grace looks so sad and lost she keeps looking round .
does she know ive taken her poor babies away ?
does she know they were dead .?

my heart is bleeding for the poor little soul . :cry:

bunnymadhouse said:
it makes me feel sick to think how many litters they might have already had :cry:

Grace looks so sad and lost she keeps looking round .
does she know ive taken her poor babies away ?
does she know they were dead .?

my heart is bleeding for the poor little soul . :cry:

I have no idea if it would help but what about putting a soft toy in with her :? :?

Poor love,she must be so confused..... :cry: :cry:

Janex

Tracey has just checked on buns before locking up and there is tiniest baby bun in Graces nest . dont know if it was there before and we missed it or if she had it later . well the good news is ,it is alive for now . the bad news is with what has happened to the others we dont hold out much hope of it surviving.

we re a bit scared mum might miss it and not feed it , its so small . also weve touched the nest ,hope that doesnt make her abandon it .

some healing , come on survive vibes might be useful please.

Angie

awww, this is so sad :cry: :cry: :cry: those poor babies. I really hope this little one makes it. sending lots of love and vibes to the little one xxx

Awww that's awful. Poor buns. :( I hope the last one makes it. My tiny, tiny one is doing fine, & (s)he was repeatedly pushed out of the nest & once from the hutch.

This is going to sound weird, but it might help to explain to her what happened. Most pet psychics say animals get distressed when they don't know what's going on and do understand most of what we say. I explain everything to my buns, the bf thinks I'm mad, but anything is worth a try!

Gem said:
They get the chance to see and sniff their babies before you took them away?

yeah i think thats important for animals too- for them to understand they are dead and have not just been taken away.

When I had one of my rats pts i felt very sad that the other one was not with him so he could know what had happened.

Back