• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those wire storage cubes (from Argos) are great!

kitschkitty

Mama Doe
I just bought a set of the storage cubes.

My lounge was looking a state as I'd been using flat cardboard boxes to cordon off my TV, stereo fireplace etc. only being a clever bunny Deej realised he could easily pull the card out of the way so I was spending half my time getting up putting them back in place and telling him off! Also I couldn't use the video remote cos the boxes were in the way - no problem now, I've reclaimed the room and it looks great too! :D :D :D

Yup they are (there were only 3 packs left in my local store so I did the reserve it thing on their website). I might get another pack tomorrow, though I only used 11 out of 24 panels (so I don't really need any more, and I ought to be spending the money on a cage for Deej, though at half price they are really good value). :? I guess I could make him a "Cubes" cage..... :shock: :D

here's the link to it on Argos if you're still interested http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8759384.htm

kitschkitty said:
Yup they are (there were only 3 packs left in my local store so I did the reserve it thing on their website). I might get another pack tomorrow, though I only used 11 out of 24 panels (so I don't really need any more, and I ought to be spending the money on a cage for Deej, though at half price they are really good value). :? I guess I could make him a "Cubes" cage..... :shock: :D

if you do make him a cage out of them you'll need to do it at least 3 panels high, or put a roof on...mine can jump over 2 panels high!

Mine is out in my summer house and isn't walled all the way round...so have managed to use only 24 panels to make a cage 4ft x 10ft, with a dog crate at one end.

I brought an extra pack for emergency use too!

I bought some some too :D I made a huge indoor cage for my guineas so i could bring them in in this warm weather,ideal for winter too :D

mandy said:
if you do make him a cage out of them you'll need to do it at least 3 panels high, or put a roof on...mine can jump over 2 panels high!

Mine is out in my summer house and isn't walled all the way round...so have managed to use only 24 panels to make a cage 4ft x 10ft, with a dog crate at one end.

I brought an extra pack for emergency use too!

Wow your bunny is a jumper (lol) Deej has only cleared the cardboard I had, once (it was about 40-45cm high). He, doesn't seem to like jumping over stuff that much (though he now hops up onto the sofa for nose rubs when he'ds in the mood). He prefers to crawl into small spaces like under the TV unit! :D

:thumb: Got some reserved at my local store, gonna pick them up either this afternoon (if I can get my butt off the net!) or tommorrow if not! :oops: :lol:

@Debs111 said:
Are they easy to put together?
How do you make cages? :?

yes they are easy!

I used cable ties, as reccomended on here to hold them together- do a search and should come up with piccies...or look on cavy sites for guinea pig ones, theres some really good cage designs.

(using all the panels you could make 2 cages 2.5 x 5ft for pigs as they only need one panel high- a bargain for £10.)

:oops: OK gonna have to admit that they're not for the buns but for the kids

:shock: and before you ask, no, not to keep the kids in :lol: (although not a bad idea seeing as thought they started their school holidays today) They need some more storage in their bedroom

@Debs111 said:
Haventy got the room to make a huge cage!

well 2.5 x 5 isn't huge- but you can experiment and make what size/shape you want. Even two storeys- i've seen pics.

Kitsch Kitty, Sue's not far from us! :wink:

I keep meaning to get some, Oooooh I get paid tomorrow, must remember to buy some :thumb:

Edited 'cos I'm stupid :oops:

I've got two boxes and I'm useless at making things with them! The bf made them a cool hidy place that I draped a towel over that some of the buns love, but the others are scared of!

They are fab :D :D :D
I have made all of my cages out of them!! That way you can make it as big as you want :D

Some pics:
1.jpg

My all time favorite cage
DSCN3295.jpg

DSCN4393.jpg

Just a few of the ones I've made :D

I highly reccomend them :D

Leah xx

Back