• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit hutch and run combo's

I have simelar home made ones! :D They are great! My lot seem to prefer them to there old housing at my mums which was alot bigger

I have a hutch and run combi just like that, although it is slightly home made, we got the hutch and run separately and then OH joined them together, and put a ramp in. I also have a plastic shower curtain nailed into the roof of the hutch, and at night or in v cold/wet weather, i put it down over the front of the hutch and weigh it down so their hutch is snug and dry for them.
I have the run on slabs, and its so so easy to clean, just a case of sweeping poos up every day and spraying with animal safe disinfectant every day, and a couple of times a week scrubbing the slabs with cleaner and lots of water.
Rabbits seem to enjoy it anyway.

Here you go Estelle;

Sorry about the mess :oops:
100_2437.jpg

With the lid on
100_2438.jpg

The ramp stored away
100_2439.jpg

The ramp down
100_2444.jpg

100_2443.jpg

Modelled by Lucky
100_2441.jpg

I've modified mine slightly by adding a hinge to the front panel of the run so I can open it out, which you can just see it open here;
100_2436.jpg

I have that exact hutch from them, Ive had it since January. Mine is 4ft x 4ft x 18 ". although tbh Im away to sell it and buy a bigger 1 as Im thinking my 2 boys are needing a bit more space, Id def think you'd need more than 5ft one for 4 bunnies??

In general tho the hutch is great, it's pretty sturdy and the wire is tough, with good wood. It needs water treated (like other hutches) once or twice a year (Ive jst done mine for the first time) with a water based paint/varnish (I used Cuprinol Garden Shades as it was the only water based 1 I could find in Focus). The ladder on that one is taken away totally and u have a trapdoor to put in so there's no drafts.

The instructions for putting it together that come with it aren't the best, but it's pretty easy - I'm clueless with that sort of thing and I managed to figure it out. Also, Ive phoned them (like to find out wht type of paint to use) and they'r always friendly and approachable :)

lucyj said:
I have that exact hutch from them, Ive had it since January. Mine is 4ft x 4ft x 18 ". although tbh Im away to sell it and buy a bigger 1 as Im thinking my 2 boys are needing a bit more space, Id def think you'd need more than 5ft one for 4 bunnies??

I'm only putting two rabbits in one hutch. I want to buy two hutches and put them side by side. I was looking at the 5ft x 2ft x 18" one with the 5ft x 4ft run which i think will be plenty big enough for 2 small bunnies. They will still get a run round the garden every day too :D

I sent you a pm, the bloke who makes them can do anything you ask for and he's cheap :lol:

Actually is coming tonight with a delivery, So I will ask him. He'll do anything, I only found him by chance in the Bargain pages and I can't believe his prices for the quality.

Thanks, i'm near Ashby de la Zouch. I don't want anything to heavy though as i need to be able to move it on my own!

No, i don't think i have. Do you have pics? I have a heavy run on the side of the rabbit shed but i can't move it on my own and it really needs moving once a week so i can clean the slabs which is why i'd like one that is easier to manage.

Back