• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Talkitive rabbit

caritas2006

Warren Scout
My Doe Indi Likes to talk a lot she sounds like a guinea pig I thought at first she does it because she is upset but she even does it when she is in her box alone seems to be singing to herself

Awww how cute!! Please do be vigilant though, as being 'talkative' can be an early sign of an upper respiratory infection. I'm not saying that it is with yours, just something for you to be aware of - my Santa started off 'talking', particularly whilst she was eating, and over a period of several weeks it developed into a runny nose and the classic snuffles symptoms. When I first got her I just thought it was a cute little noise she made, but it does clear up when she has antibiotics so with her it must be related. The noises can be caused because of a narrowing of the airways caused by excess mucus production or a pasteurella abscess, for example.

Don't want to worry you unnecessarily, just thought you should be aware that this CAN sometimes be the case.

AlisonA said:
Awww how cute!! Please do be vigilant though, as being 'talkative' can be an early sign of an upper respiratory infection.

Don't want to worry you unnecessarily, just thought you should be aware that this CAN sometimes be the case.

Yeah ... sadly that's what happened to me :cry:

Back