• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flippin council!

Sue&Sooty

Wise Old Thumper
The council are cutting down trees and hedges at the back of my garden today with a flippin chainsaw! The noise is scaring my bunnies! :evil:

Um didn't they notify you that they'd be doing it? Or is it just on public land near youtr house?

Poor buns, I hope it doesn't go on too long. :)

:lol: Sorry I do feel I have to defend the Council seeings as I work for one!! Unfortunately we can never do anything right - whatever time of year, type of equipment, day, time, etc, someone will always complain so you might as well fit it into your schedule and get on with it, it's got to be done sometime and it's gonna be noisy whenever and however it's done :wink: I hope there aren't any nesting birds in what they are chopping about though :shock:

I also hope that the sun doesn't get too hot in your house now the trees are going :shock: When I lived with my ex the trees kept it so lovely and cool 8) here at my parents it's like a flipping oven :(

I know I moaned :oops: when they were doing it cos it was really noisy and it scared the buns but I have to say it does look a whole lot better now! :D

One side of my garden is walled and backs on to council land and the bushes always grow over my wall. In the 6 years that I;ve been in this house I've had to cut the overhanging stuff back myself but this year the council have decided they're gonna do it. :thumb: Saves me the job!!

Back