• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

RSPCA Advise

eminem2004

Young Bun
Its a long strory but i will try n explain. I have the spare bed room which is the "rabbit room" where 2 of my rabbits esme and harvey live in a cage and pen attached. Also my newster bunny (rescue from a friend who had 2 move) he lives in tehir 2 with the rest of the room and his cage.

Now this week end i plan on getting Lunar a friend as he seems very lonley on his own. Now i have tried him with my male/female pair i have now and their was blood drawn a few times so i ahve given up on that and that is fine, But will the rspca alow me to rehome a rabbit in my current situation.

The rabbit and my current male will have the rest of the room whic is about......5feet by 4 feet one part of the room and on the other side (of his cage) about 4 feet by 3 feet room to run free..., my only thing is i only have a small cage in the room (just where lunar has his water n food...i dont shut him in at night or anything....but will they let me home another bunny in my current situation. The rabbits will in about a months time (when step dad has finnished re laying the gerden etc be living in a large shed split in 2 with 2 seperate runs for the 2 groups.
Now my only thing is will they let me with the small size cage lunar has....but i dont close him in it....he just eats in it....he sleeps etc in his fave box in his "run area" ...is that ok? Im just worried coz i dont want them 2 say no :(

i have adopted from them b4...eg my 2 rabbits, but they are in a pen and a good size hutch etc. so no prblem..i just dont wnat them 2 be picky...and is their any things i can do 2 improve?

below is a (not 2 scale) diagram of the spare room.

rabbitroom.jpg

Thanks any help is appriciated !

Jenny

:wave:

I didn't realise you have rabbits too!

The best thing to do is ring them and ask, if they say no, there's always the rescues on here

Good luck!

Gem x

Gem said:
:wave:

I didn't realise you have rabbits too!

The best thing to do is ring them and ask, if they say no, there's always the rescues on here

Good luck!

Gem x

do u mean u diddnt realise i had rats 2 :?:

yeh i have 6 rats :)

Thanks for you're advise :) The reason i want the RSPCA so much is that they will do the mixing for me where as rescue on here probs cant.

I will give them a call in the next few days :) Wish me luck!

Jenny

The best option might be to time it so the new rabbit arrives when the shed is ready. That way the shed will be neutral space. There is no reason why you couldn't start looking now and explain the accomodation will be ready in a months time. It might take you a week or two to find the right match.

Tam

It sounds like you have space for the rabbits to run around in, so they may not have a problem with it.

Fingers crossed for you.

Jx

ARC is further away at the top of te M3 and would be happy to pair up your rabbit for you. We have plenty of rabbits in foster as well to choose from.

Back