• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Dwarf Rabbits - LionHead Body Weight.

Wiggi

New Kit
What weight should my lionhead Lincoln weigh? he's just about 4 lbs i think.

Im Ready For My Close Up... -

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/36774156/

First day i got him, wrapped in a blanket lol -

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/36774260/

Dont Examine Me Bits!! -

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/36774577/

all those pictures are when i first got him i think, hes alot bigger now and is rockin a big big cage with a log cabin and stuff lol. just wondering whats a good weight for them, i feed him on corriander, burgess dwarf nuggets, the odd strawberry and walnut, oh and he's mad for cornflakes and rice krispies but not too often. Hes around 6 - 7 months now.

cheers
[/img]

awwwwwwwwwwww!!! He is gorgeous!!!!! :D

My lionhead is fully grown and weighs 1.5kg, I think normally they weigh anything around 1.2kg- 2kg :D

so whats that in lbs? :S i havnt had him weighted properly, like at a vet or whatever. i stood on scales and weighd myself then held him and weighted again and took off the extra weight to figure his out.

Wiggi said:
so whats that in lbs? :S i havnt had him weighted properly, like at a vet or whatever. i stood on scales and weighd myself then held him and weighted again and took off the extra weight to figure his out.

No idea :oops: :oops: :lol:

Awww, as long as you can't feel a really bony spine and ribs, he should be fine :D

When you have him vaccinated, they may well weigh him at the vets then :D

Look forward to the pics :D

p.s his diet sounds fine, but do you feed hay? I was just wondering as some people are not aware of how important it is for a bun to have good quality hay to munch on all day long, it should make up 80% of his diet. I just saw the pictures and your bunny is absolutly gorgeous! :D

Petshop lionheads vary a lot in size as they are often crosses with other breeds. It's best to go on how he looks - a vet can tell you if your worried. It's a good idea to note his healthy weight down then if you have any worries about him being skinny/podgy in future you have a weight to compare it to.

oh yes of course he gets hay, he gets timothy bergess stuff or the stuff from petsathome/jollyes, he loves getting loads in his cage lol.

Back