• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding ahhh

caismeister

Alpha Buck
i already have a bonded male and female that live happily together and until last week i had another male-female partnership. this has changed now though because i lost one of my males starbuck with kidney failure . i was so upset as he had been ill with snuffles for all of his short 7 month life. I knew however that the female (boomer) that he lived with would pine so i have got her a new partner. so far bonding is difficult as they only settle with eachother in a neutral territory but i am unsure how to gradually move them to the house they will hopefully share. the wendy house is boomers territory and she doesnt like the new male (sparrow) in there at all

i'm sure someone here will have gone through this and any advice would be fab :D

I think you need to clean out the wendy house and maybe rub some lavender oil on the walls so it doesn't smell of her. I would buy a new litter tray and put both of their poo's in it. Maybe put some new toys and things in it too so it all seems like new and the female won't be so territorial then! :D

Back