• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

paranoid - reassurance needed pls?

Dobbin

Mama Doe
Dobbin is being a bit funny today - he has only produces sticky poos and his wee was very pale and cloudy. i spoke to someone earlier about this and i was not to worried - however i have just put him back in his hutch from his run - he has been in their 6 hours, there is no poo at all and i think he has only had a few blades of hay - if that. Should i be worried? What should i do??

I am sorry - i am hoping i am being an over paranoid mommy for no reason, sorry i would rather be safe than sorry.

Sorry if this is a really stu[pid question.

sue
xx

I get paranoid too if mine are in any way 'strange'. My o/h used to think I was completely paranoid, but now he notices the signs too.
Try tempting him with his favourite food - he'll probably gobble it up!
If not, get him to drink a little. Squidgy once went a little funny, and I think he;d forgotten that he needed to drink :roll: He was fine when he'd had some water.

he has had some water - he ate a small bit of carrot later - but was not tempted by parsley, coriander or fresh grass which is usually gone before i have given it to him!! lol

Should i be worried?

i am sorry to be a pain

sue
xx

I would be a little worried at this point too :D We know our bunnies so well, that any deviation from normal is worrying.

I would probably give some infacol and a tummy rub at this stage, just to be on the safe side. I may give a little kittymalt too.

Do you have any probiotic? If mine have soft poo, I tend to slip a little probiotic in the water.

This is just my opinion though, and what I would do, knowing my bunnies. If you're really concerned, you can always 'phone the vet for a little advice on the 'phone.

don't panic!:D
Has he eaten any pellets? Does he seem 'quiet' in himself? Grinding his teeth?
You can still give him a gentle tummy rub anyway.

Oh, and I've been a member of RU for over a year - plenty of time to build up my bunny medicine cabinet :wink:

i have not noticed any teeth grinding, i put 10 pellets in his hutch when i out him to bed not sure if he has eaten then.

I think he seems a bit quiet - but OH thinks i being paranoid! I not sure, he wasn't really running around this afternoon, just hid in his willow thing, came out for a bit and then went back.

I have put him to bed shall i get him up and bring him in, give him a tummy rub and c what happens? What do i do?

I am sorry i am panicing a bit - i do apologise.

Sue
xx

If it were me, I would check to see if he's eaten the pellets - see if he's done any poos. I would probably go for the tummy rub as well. BUT you know him best, and you know how unusual his behaviour's been.
Movement helps them if they've got wind (my first instinct is to say it's a little wind - but I may be wrong), so a different environment would get him moving around.

ok thanku - partner is currently bunny proofing the lounge, he will wonder what on earth is going on when i bring him in!!

He usually has a good run around the lounge so we will soon c - i will report back when i put him back in his hutch.

Thank u

Sue
xx

Hi,

Alfred suddenly went off his food yesterday (normally greedy rabbit), I mananged to get an appt with the vet, and it turned out his teeth needed doing, despite it only being 6 weeks since he was last done...

Hope your bun is ok soon.

Jx

well i have just put him back in his hutch - he was running around in here like a mad bunny!! He ate 2 pieces of hay and did los of healthly poos!

Thank you so much for your help tonight - i am sorry to of been a pain.

sue
xx

Bless him, he was probably just a little bunged up in his guts. Mine go a bit off colour sometimes and I try EVERYTHING, the poor things look as if to say 'Leave me alone I don't want anything else!'
A lot of people don't have probiotics lying around, vets are quite hesitant to give them out. I've only got some as I was nursing a sick baby, it's always worth looking for some online, I think they're alpro or seomthing like that.

I use avipro as a probiotic, bought online.
So glad he's ok. They do like to worry us! It's much better to be safe than sorry though, as they do go downhill quickly.

i cannot thank u enough 4 last night - i bet u all think i am a silly paranoid bunny mommy!! I just about to look online for first sid bits for him, any idea where i can get them from and what i shall need? i sent my OH out today to get infacol!! lol

Thank you all again

Sue
xx

Glad Dobbin is feeling better....
Sometimes they do just have off hours, and like to panic us without there being anything major - so hard to tell though! Bunnies who'd have them hey! lol

I had a mini lop that went down so fast with stasis, but luckily recovered after being hospitalised. When my new mini lop stopped eating one night I also became panicky. After a few hours of her refusing everything in sight, my husband took me over to the all nght Tesco to buy some herbs to tempt her. I did feel stupid one o'clock in the morning getting to the check out with a bunch of corriander and a packet of watercress. They must have thought I was completely wacko!! But it did the job and she munched her way through some and we all got a good night sleep. Pam.

As i am sure you guessed from my posts i just went into sheer panic!!

Thank you very much for the link - does anyone know if their is one website where i can get all this stuff from please?

Sue
xx

Back