• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sitting in the rain

bunnies

Alpha Buck
Bracken is out in his attached run to the shed and sitting in the rain!!! Over the last few days when its been so very hot he`s been in the shed, now he`s out getting dripped on :? . I suppose it must be nice and refreshing.

My question is, is it ok for them to get wet, his bottom and feet are wet, is this ok for them. I normally don`t like him to get wet worried about chill`s and now the flies.

Am I just being paranoid and over zealous mum???? My vet say`s that i`m to hard on myself sometimes with my animals.

The way I see it is - if they sit out in it they must like it. And even though its been raining its still pretty hot here sothey will dry off fast. As long as the hutch/run is kept clean I don't worry too much.

The rain should just make the surface of his coat wet. Rabbits are very water proof, if you go out now and stick your fingers right into his coat you'll feel his skin is still dry. You might want a coat yourself though, people aren't water proof ;)

I used to worry they didnt like the rain and go put them in, then realised that they'd move if didnt like it -also used to put them in when it was windy cuz when a gust of wind hit Harly he'd do a funny bouncey flicky feety jumpy thing, so I thought he didnt like it, silly me didnt realise til I got on here that it was prob a binky and a gd thing not bad :oops: :lol:

Back