• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Charlies new gadget.

BevBunny

Mama Doe
Charlie posing with his new water fountain..............
july2006006.jpg

My friend bought one of these for her cat as apparently animals prefer to drink running water so I thought I'd try one for the buns - am pleased to say they like it.

It pumps the water up the middle so it cascades over the dome, it has a activated charcoal water filter in too which is great cos Charlie drinks filtered water (it removes the calcium). The water stays really clean and cool. :D

Charlie has really taken to it and seems to like to drink off the dome, although Lavender hasn't totally worked it out yet and just gets rather wet :lol: , but I'm sure she'll get there. 8)

xEMMAx said:
Ohh very nice! :D
Where's it from?

I got it from a pet shop in Streatham but they sell them on www.petplanet.co.uk

sparklefairy said:
oooooh I want one for my buns! are they expensive?

Alas, yes, I paid £29 for it, they're slightly cheaper online but obviously then you have to pay postage. If it encourages them to drink more water and it helps to keep them cool then I think its worth it. :D

Squidgy likes to drink form our water feature in the living room :roll: That looks like a very cool gadget though!

Anyone have a Jolleys near them? They sell them there for 19.99 + free matt for it. Thats what I paid about 6 months ago and they're still same price today! I have to say though, great at first but my cats now wont use it, not because they dont want to but because its so hard to clean! It has lots of nooks and crannys and the dome gets all funny and despite numerous scrubs and filters and taking it apart, it smelt like a fish tank and put my cats off :!: I'm ordering a drinkwell founain for them because I think it might be more hygenic :D

bizzy_vicki said:
I have to say though, great at first but my cats now wont use it, not because they dont want to but because its so hard to clean! It has lots of nooks and crannys and the dome gets all funny and despite numerous scrubs and filters and taking it apart, it smelt like a fish tank and put my cats off :!:

I saw some in Jollys a while ago but they didn't have the bowl bit, just the dome.

I never thought about cleaning it - eek! [Goes to check instructions]....... It says in the instructions to take it apart and dishwash it - thankfully I move house in a week and will have a dishwasher - hooray. Hopefully all will be fine - phew. Also, I am only filling it up with brita filtered water (cos thats what the buns normally drink) so this should stop limescale build up. :)

Back