• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Uncle Albert Update

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
To the amazement of Christabel (Vet) and me Uncle A is still with us :D
He has had to go back on to Penicillin injections today as his ear abscess has flared up big time :cry: He is on pain relief meds too and I have to de-gunk the abscess every day.
Uncle A is eating quite well considering half his mouth and lots of his teeth came away with the cancerous tumour. I think he may have the early signs of a liver problem but as long as he 'feels well' within himself we just take things one day at a time. If he were to stop eating I would not force feed him. I would take his refusal of food as him telling me it was time for him to go to The Bridge :cry: No-one thought he would survive the big op' to remove the cancer. And I can honestly say that he has enjoyed a good quality of life in the weeks after the op'. Given that situation over again with another Bun I would do the same and agree to surgery. But for Uncle A there will be no more ops. He is a real star and I love him :love:

Picture965.jpg

Janex

so glad hes eating well . thumper says ...ear absesses ..bah..nothing ...take more than that to fell a good old bun like us eh uncle A :wink:

He does it for you Jane. He is amazing bunny because you are an amazing mummy. Hopefully his abcess will settle down a bit. Probably bothers him more than having lost a quarter of his mouth. If there was one think that I wish evolution had done to bunnys, it would be allowing them self draining abcesses.

Adam

Back