• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

omg i cant believe this??? U/P WE HAVE A RESPONSE

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
i had a couple come to view some bunnies last week, i did their home visit this week on wednesday , they promised they would order a larger run and that would complete the home visit! i mentioned to them at this time they would need a supply of SS to do a change over but i recomended they actually purchased this to change there rabbit on to it, but only a recommmendation. so i brought their bunny back with me to start the bonding process

i call them yesterday to say everything was going well, this morning i called to tell them they are ready for collection and had they got some food for her, she said no :? but would go out today to get some and would call me on her return :D

well her husband did call me to say that they couldnt find the food (i know this to be a lie) and they thing i am being pradantic (sp?) and will not be collecting either rabbit! :shock: :shock:

question is what should i do, he is NOT my rabbit and i do not want them turning up (after their holiday :roll: :roll:i should imagine ) to tell me they want him back.

should i A return him to ther front door or B keep him BUT where are MY rights reguarding ownership!

i didnt realise rescue could be so caniving! :twisted:

Phone them back and tell them they will need to fill out your phone transfering ownership to you, if they wont do that tell them they will have to come and pick up bunny immediatly.

sgprescue said:
Phone them back and tell them they will need to fill out your phone transfering ownership to you, if they wont do that tell them they will have to come and pick up bunny immediatly.

whats a phone transfering ownership form? or was that a typo cheryl? hubbys away till monday i really dont want them here, i may do somethig i will regret! :twisted:

Re: omg i cant believe this has happened??? what should i do

bunnylove said:
i had a couple come to view some bunnies last week, i did their home visit this week on wednesday , they promised they would order a larger run and that would complete the home visit! i mentioned to them at this time they would need a supply of SS to do a change over but i recomended they actually purchased this to change there rabbit on to it, but only a recommmendation. so i brought their bunny back with me to start the bonding process

i call them yesterday to say everything was going well, this morning i called to tell them they are ready for collection and had they got some food for her, she said no :? but would go out today to get some and would call me on her return :D

well her husband did call me to say that they couldnt find the food (i know this to be a lie) and they thing i am being pradantic (sp?) and will not be collecting either rabbit! :shock: :shock:

question is what should i do, he is NOT my rabbit and i do not want them turning up (after their holiday :roll: :roll:i should imagine ) to tell me they want him back.

should i A return him to ther front door or B keep him BUT where are MY rights reguarding ownership!

If they really dont want the rabbit, have them sign him over so he is legally yours. If they dont want to sign anything then I guess just bring the rabbit back to them :?
You dont want to be taken advantage of, if the do go on holiday while you feed and take care of THEIR rabbit :evil:

Just dont dump the rabbit back on their doorstep, that would be against what you stand for :? If that makes sense :?

I really dont know the 'right' answer

Leah xx

Re: omg i cant believe this has happened??? what should i do

Charliesangel said:
bunnylove said:

If they really dont want the rabbit, have them sign him over so he is legally yours. If they dont want to sign anything then I guess just bring the rabbit back to them :?
You dont want to be taken advantage of, if the do go on holiday while you feed and take care of THEIR rabbit :evil:

Just dont dump the rabbit back on their doorstep, that would be against what you stand for :? If that makes sense :?

I really dont know the 'right' answer

Leah xx

what will they do to the rabbits though? i am FULL i havent got the space for a bonded pair :shock: and bonded pairs are soooooo hard to get homes for, what am i gonna do! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I HATE PEOPLE PUTTING ME IN THIS SITUATION!

Oooh I forgot they were already bonded :? The worst thing that may have to happen would be to separate the two. I know its not ideal but if they will take their rabbit back then OK.
They are horrible people, and they dont deserve the rabbit back, but if you really have no room... :?

Leah xx

Yeh eve i would do what Cheryl has said get them to sign him over to you or they must collect him imeadiatly if they don't sign him over or collect him within 24 hours say you will treat him as a stray and re-home him in 7 days!

Charliesangel said:
Oooh I forgot they were already bonded :? The worst thing that may have to happen would be to separate the two. I know its not ideal but if they will take their rabbit back then OK.
They are horrible people, and they dont deserve the rabbit back, but if you really have no room... :?

Leah xx

i dont! they are in my bonding cage! :cry:

I would call them and inform them that if they do not collect the rabbit by the end of the day then s/he will become your property and you will rehome her somewhere else. See what their response is to that because if they want her they will collect her and if they don't then you know where you stand

mtoyah said:
I would call them and inform them that if they do not collect the rabbit by the end of the day then s/he will become your property and you will rehome her somewhere else. See what their response is to that because if they want her they will collect her and if they don't then you know where you stand

But she has to have their consent legally, because if she rehomes the rabbit and the origional owners come back stupidly, looking for their rabbit, Eve can be stuck in a horrible situation :?

This really is a tough one!

Leah xx

mtoyah said:

to be honest this is what i want to do BUT because they havent signed a transfer of ownership, heis not mine and i NEED to know my rights on this position! :?

Under the abandonment of animals act the rabbit is still in their legal ownership BUT because you only agreed to look after it for a specific period of time it is now deemed an abandonment.

Therefore you are required to report it to the RSPCA who will contact the owners and may even take legal action against them. Once the RSPCA step in then ownership can be dealt with as they may take it to a rescue with them or they may leave it with you if they feel it si safe (obviously it is....)

I just rang RSPCA to check this is correct and she said it was and that if you contact them and log the complaint they will proceed so that either the rabbit is returned or their ownership ceases

Hope that helps!!

mtoyah said:
Under the abandonment of animals act the rabbit is still in their legal ownership BUT because you only agreed to look after it for a specific period of time it is now deemed an abandonment.

Therefore you are required to report it to the RSPCA who will contact the owners and may even take legal action against them. Once the RSPCA step in then ownership can be dealt with as they may take it to a rescue with them or they may leave it with you if they feel it si safe (obviously it is....)

I just rang RSPCA to check this is correct and she said it was and that if you contact them and log the complaint they will proceed so that either the rabbit is returned or their ownership ceases

Hope that helps!!

thanks! :D

bunnylove said:
beckiboo186 said:
End of the day, He's basically been dumped on you. I'd treat him as just that, and rehome him. Xx

cant just do that as much as i would love to for legal reasons!

I know you cant, I still would though. If they asked for him back, I'd have 'lost' the adoption paper with buns forwarding address on! :oops: :lol: Xx

beckiboo186 said:
bunnylove said:
beckiboo186 said:
End of the day, He's basically been dumped on you. I'd treat him as just that, and rehome him. Xx

cant just do that as much as i would love to for legal reasons!

I know you cant, I still would though. If they asked for him back, I'd have 'lost' the adoption paper with buns forwarding address on! :oops: :lol: Xx

hubby has now tried to contact him to give him his choices :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: (answering machine he left a message) and said if he doesnt contact us with a singiture by the end of the weekend, he will be contacting him with the end of his arm! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bunnylove said:
hubby has now tried to contact him to give him his choices :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: (answering machine he left a message) and said if he doesnt contact us with a singiture by the end of the weekend, he will be contacting him with the end of his arm! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back