• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter trays

mtoyah

Warren Scout
Where does everyone buy the'r litter trays from. I like the corner trays and pets at home near me has sold out? Is there an online shop that has them?

Also what's best for scrubbing out the calcium build up in the bottom of the trays? No matter how much I change the litter and clean them it's still there!!

I'm trying to find one too. My Poppy is very messy in her hutch and poops everywhere. I thought I'd get one of those corner trays and try and get her to use it. Wish me luck! She's not spayed yet, but will be soon. I've heard it's harder to train an unspayed female. Any advice, anyone? My Teddy is very good with a tray, but Poppy leaves currants all over my floor!!

My girl was litter trained before I had her spayed!!! Maybe I was lucky but she just took to it.

It's really handy in the hutch as they both use it but it gets so full so quickly (where the hell it all comes from I don't know!!) so I think I need a spare to swap them around!!

minilops said:
I'm trying to find one too. My Poppy is very messy in her hutch and poops everywhere. I thought I'd get one of those corner trays and try and get her to use it. Wish me luck! She's not spayed yet, but will be soon. I've heard it's harder to train an unspayed female. Any advice, anyone? My Teddy is very good with a tray, but Poppy leaves currants all over my floor!!

I've only had Pippa 2 weeks and she's unspayed at the moment. I noticed that she always goes in the front lefthand corner of her cage or run so I popped a tray in there, put some poop in and she used it straight away! This has continued apart from the odd poop (or three!) around the cage. When she has freetime outside the cage I put the tray down and she even goes in it there (she tends to spread currants when she hops out tho!) What a poppet, I do feel quite lucky!! She has spent all her life in a hutch up to now so I think she's doing very well xx

I've got 2 corner trays and one big flat oblong one. My lot like to use the corner ones as toys or beds :roll: :roll: They only use the flat one as a loo!

As for getting them clean.. I soak then once a week in white vinegar, works wonders but stinks!! :lol:

Thanks everyone for the advice! I've got a spare rectangular cat tray. I was wondering whether to put this in her hutch to see if she uses it and then buy one of the corner ones, as it will take up less room. OR do you think she will not use the corner one if I take the rectangular one out after she's used it once or twice? Oh, the problems with bunny psychology!!

Mine have 2 litter trays indoors that they use and one in the hutch that they use...admittedly Smudge prefers one to the other especially as Twix likes to lie in one all day!!

I think as lng as some of her litter is put in the new tray she will get used to it!!

Back