• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is there anything we can do different for the guineas?

loopylop

Wise Old Thumper
In this heat? Is there anything else we can do on top of all the other stuff...

Frozen water bottles
bowls of water
Fans

I'm just going to go and spray them with some water... they aren't eating :( They are upstairs and today is pretty cool up there.. Is there anything else we can do?

Oooooh yeh, forgot about that one, I think i will put it in the cage for them to lie on!

(My tea towels are very quickly going down.. one for the buns.. one for the guineas :lol: )

wot about tiles they seem to stay quite cold u could even put them in the frdge for a while :wink:

Thanks gizmo, I havent got any of those though - well, I have the chin one and Rudy has it at the mo!

Will have to put them all on a rota! :lol:

I have just been up to spray them again with some water, Winnie (who hates anything :roll: ) looked at me in disgust and Mable (who is a little sweetie) loves it!! :lol:

Instead of tiles have you got a lasagne dish,they love to sit in in when its been in the fridge :D

They ate their veg tonight :D With a fan blowing on a wet towel through the cage and Mable happily sat next to a frozen bottle :D

Bloomin' heat! :(

Sun shades in the garden over the hutches or runs with smaller shelters under neath which have good ventilation (not plastic igloos).

Don't forget sun tan lotion for those white eared piggies and rabbits.

I use wet duvet covers (all my best ones! :( ) as they are lighter and less likely to trap heat in. I also bathe my piggies several times a day in cool (not cold) water, they seem to like it.

jrn1310 said:
Sun shades in the garden over the hutches or runs with smaller shelters under neath which have good ventilation (not plastic igloos).

Don't forget sun tan lotion for those white eared piggies and rabbits.

Good tip, although my piggies are indoors :D We have been letting them run out in the evening when it goes cooler and they have been munching away on grass too :D

They are much better today, all of their pellets have gone, they ate all their veg lastnight and both are "wheeeeeeek"ing away :D So glad it has gone a bit cooler today.

Thanks raven_guest, I will try bathing them if it gets really hot again next week, I have been spraying them with water, which one loves and the other hates!! :lol: (But then again, Winnie hates everything anyway :roll: :roll: :lol: )

Back