• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Something I've always wanted to know

SarahP

Wise Old Thumper
Ok.... I've been writing on here for a little while now, so I now think the time is right to ask what could be a very silly question indeed! :)

When I was young we had a male rabbit, who lived till he was approx 10. When he used to run, he used to make a strange (fairly loud) buzzing sound, like a wasp! My whole life I have wondered if this is something absolutely bizarre, or quite common! :lol:

Really? :lol: He used to do it every single time he ran anywhere! Poor boy must have had hormones going mad, as he was never neutered! :shock:

yep! this is their " happy," noise :lol: :lol: :lol: even my neutered bunny does it when he's after Gypsy :roll: :lol:

My (as yet unneutered) male rabbit runs laps around my feet making grunting noises- is he trying to get amorous??! He's only just started making the noise recently!

Vicki x

VickiWillow said:
My (as yet unneutered) male rabbit runs laps around my feet making grunting noises- is he trying to get amorous??! He's only just started making the noise recently!

Vicki x

It sounds like his hormones have kicked in, he's flirting with you :shock: :lol:

Thank you for clearing up one of life's great mysteries for me! :D Poor bunny was obviously frustrated. :? :lol:

Back