• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just been bitten !!!

bunnies

Alpha Buck
Florence has just bitten me :( , had her on my lap and was giving her back end a wipe as its a bit crusty and am worried about the flies.

She just bit me on the upper arm, for a small animal my god it hurts, am now upset its damaged out relationship which we have been building.

Also how am I going to do checks on her, with Bracken he`s so good just sits or lays their.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Was it a bite or a nip? Rabbits nip each other to indicate they're anoyed or what the other bun to move out their way... of course it hurts less if you have a nice thick fur coat ;)

I imagine she was just communicating her thoughts to you not deliberately trying to hurt you. I don't think you'll have damaged your friendship at all :)

I had t shirt on and it hasn`t broken the skin, nice bruise coming :? so she was saying she was just not happy!!

She'll forgive you soon enough, my buns forgive me very quickly after claw clipping etc which they loathe! Especially if you have food!

Mandy, I think you are spoilt with Bracken. Florence is like my rabbits. I know I have 30 seconds max when I try to clean Maisie's bottie before she lunges. Don't know if she would bite, but the lunge is enough for me to say "thats enough for today" and put her back on the floor!

Yeah, Piper is the same. Of course he is as good as gold at the vets though - just lies there like a baby. :lol: Luckily he is very slow at going in for a bite and until now my reactions have saved me.

Molly on the other hand has never bitten in an aggressive way - she just lies there too, waits for you to become complacent then makes a run for it. :lol:

Toffee uncovered my mums leg yesterday (was protected with a towel!)then bit it while we were grooming her :shock: we think she was getting a bit hot and didn't want to be on a warm lap bless her!

I've only been bitten a couple of times, the most painful being completely my own fault! Don't stick your hand in a rabbits cage when it's dark! :lol: The scar has only just disappeared :lol: .

Sounds like it was an "i've had enough" nip, Tre does it when I trim her coat. Not an actual bite, but still enough to let you know she's not amused!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Binky bit me when I put a carrot down for him to eat, but he didn't know where it was even though it was right beside him. :roll: :lol: He kept hopping on the spot looking for it and he thought I was hiding it from him so he bit me. Silly bunny was sitting on it. :roll: :lol: We were friends again though when he found the carrot. :roll: :lol:

Jack bites my feet - he either does it to wind me up (I swear he does!) or he just thinks they smell and I am in the way! He only does it if I am laid out on their floor.

Lol, this just reminded me, my new bun Faline bit my bum the other day. I had jeans on with lacy bits on the pocket and I think she was trying to pull off the lace or something, it didn't half make me jump though! :lol:

Back