• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Taking bun on hols????

linnyloo

Alpha Buck
I'm going to the New forest in September in our new caravan (2 berth)
my OH says to take Skip and he can stay in the awning :?

but i'm worried that

1) It will be too cold
2) A fox or dog might try and attack him (although he will be in a cage !)
3) He will get upset

The problem is i have no one to look after him if we don't take him.

The only other thing i can think of is he could sleep in the car so would be safe (but too cold??depends on weather i guess!) and stay in the caravn if we go out.

What do u think?

I don't know because I was wanting to take my buns camping too!!

Will be watching this post with interest to see what solutions people come up with!! :wink: :D

I have a client of mine that takes their rabbit up to their caravan in the Lake District and they have never had any problems. The thing is if it gets to hot in the caravan you can always put a fan on and get a portable heater for if it is cold

loopylop said:
I take it that there is no one who bunny boards near to you? :?

Not that i can find :(

I would rather take him if i can just wondering if it would work?

I hve a feeling it will be more likely to be cold than hot :roll: mind u u never know but i have a fan and i could get a little heater for him.

The problem is the caravan is too small to have him in it and us lol

awww thats so lovely you want to take him with you :love: im sure he will be fine and will probably be much happier being with you than you leaving him behind go for it :thumb:

We have a permanent caravan and my rabbit loves it, she has her own hutch and run and she has a free range of the caravan, i have secure mesh and locks on the hutch and i bring her in if it gets to hot or cold, She loves frolicking in grass, this is one of the only times she gets it......

Hi Linnyloo! I've noticed that you're in Meopham. I'm in Higham and if you decide you really can't take Skip with you on holiday, then I could have him for you. I've got two mini-lops and I've got my friend's dwarf lop staying at the moment whilst she's away. I don't blame you for wanting to take him with you, I hate leaving mine when I'm away but my Mum and my friend are very good with bunnies and they both get thoroughly spoilt while we're away.

When are you going to the New Forest? I could bunny sit for you if you like; I live in Fareham which is about a 25 min drive to the New Forest, you could always drop your bun off here as I have an indoor cage!

Thanks for the offers!!!

I will see how it goes and talk to my partner.

We are going for 1 week in september not sure of the dates yet. I would of course pay anyone who could look after him :wink: and bring all the food/hay etc with me!!

If i could pm u nearer the time?

thanks alot :D

Back